Bug eats fish tongue and becomes the new tongue -image

Home » Bizarre world » Bug eats fish tongue and becomes the new tongue -image

Bug eats fish tongue and becomes the new tongue -image

Sweet dreams kids..... Tongue-eating bug found in fish
A gross creature which gobbles up a fish's tongue and then replaces it with its own body has been found in Britain for the first time.

The bug - which has the scientific name cymothoa exigua - was discovered inside the mouth of a red snapper bought from a London fishmonger.

The 3.5cm creature had grabbed onto the fish's tongue and slowly ate away at it until only a stub was left.

It then latched onto the stub and became the fish's "replacement tongue".
BBC

_40757072_louse.jpg - 5.36kb
By netchicken: posted on 13-9-2005

More....

http://www.bogleech.com/bio...

My other Tongue is a Sea Louse---
Cymothoa exigua, a crustacean, is the only known parasite that effectively replaces a body organ. It makes its home in the mouth of a fish, where it drains blood from the tongue until it withers and dies. It attaches itself to the remaining stub and the fish is actually able to utilize it as a replacement tongue to draw in and manipulate food, which the parasite shares.
http://www.bogleech.com/nature/biopara-tonguebug.jpg

More!!!!
Human parasites...

GOA'ULD
One of our galaxy's dominant species, the Goa'uld are serpent parasites that forcibly take human hosts, and possess a thirst for power and worship. They have enslaved countless worlds, using their inhabitants as hosts, soldiers, miners, and personal slaves.

Biology and Development
The symbiotic creatures are birthed from asexual mothers, Goa'uld queens. In the process every newborn symbiote inherits the genetic memory of the one before it. It is some time after their creation before the Goa'uld are capable of being anything more than helpless, squealing snakes. They must be fed a steady electrical current in an aquatic container placed where the people who serve the species are able to come and worship. Immature symbiotes are also incubated in pouches created in the abdomens of Jaffa, slave warriors in the service of the Goa'uld. It takes several years for a symbiote to reach full maturity and be ready to take a host.

Physiologically, the Goa'uld differ somewhat from symbiote to symbiote. Younger Goa'uld tend to be far whiter with twin black eyes. The older and more mature, the more gray or green the serpents tend to be. The majority of the species has four bright red eyes and swimmerets to suit them in an aquatic environment.

Here is another pic of the tongue eating parasite.

tongue-eating-parasite.jpg - 71.4kb
By netchicken: posted on 15-11-2010

Thank you so much for that gem. Now I can enjoy a good meal, sit back in my favorite chair, and visualize that I am picking bits of food from between my teeth with my new imaginary parasitic insectoid tongue. Mmm...
By danno: posted on 20-11-2010

This article: 9772 views

"Weird Al" Yankovic: FOIL (Parody of "Royals" by Lorde) - video

Guy accidentally starts fireworks upside down, blows up deck - funny

A Chinchilla, a cat and the dopiest dog - video

Republican Candidate Mistakes YMCA Kids For Migrants, Describes 'Fear In Their Faces' - video

Egyptian news expresses how they feel about Hamas - video

The tragedy of the Arabs - A civilization that used to lead the world is in ruins

Woman can't work out what side her car is filled on at petrol station - hilarious video

Only in America - Mindless rednecks deliberately pollute to protest Obama and upset environmentalists - videos

An alligator sunning itself gets a nasty surprise - great nature video

People in India held hostage with their blood drained and sold for profit in a blood factory

Jack is a moron - drives on to Brands Hatch during a race - girlfriend freaks out - video

Popular cheap Chinese smartphone found to contain extensive spying software

Video of the day ... a moonwalking bird! 80's revival - video

Special effects in movies - before and after photos - images

New Zealand wins the ‘Overall Islamicity Index’ award, no actual Islamic nations in the top 25

Dead Mans Hand Fungus - image

Great Sportsmanship - MMA fighter taps out when winning his match lets the opponent win - video

Normandy after the invasion - image

Hidden Beached Whale Revealed in 17th-Century Dutch Painting - early photoshop image

Check out this awesome street musician, Mariusz Goli, so much talent for so few pennies - video

Bug eats fish tongue and becomes the new tongue -image | [Login - Register]