Super Vision Sans Bionics

Home » Science & Technology » Super Vision Sans Bionics

Super Vision Sans Bionics

... Quote:
Before he became an inventor and businessman, Ron Blum was a practicing opthalmologist. About twice a year, he would encounter a patient whose eyesight was better than 20/20. Such cases of super vision were a phenomenon that Blum and the science of opthalmology couldn't explain.

"I would just say to the person: Consider yourself blessed," says Blum. "I never would have believed that I would be running a company 20 years later that was developing a product that could give supervision to anyone."

That company, PixelOptics of Roanoke, Virginia, just won a $3.5 million Department of Defense grant to refine its "supervision" technology, which Blum claims could double the quality of a person's eyesight. "Theoretically, this should be able to double the distance that a person can see clearly," he says.

Continue Here

That would be nice to see even better then 20/20
By YCON: posted on 11-2-2006

Jeepers Creepers, Bionic Peepers

... Quote:
02:00 AM May, 05, 2005

Scientists are helping blind people see again, one pixel at a time. If all goes well, an artificial retina could be commercially available within three years.

Artificial retinas have been successfully implanted in six patients, allowing them to see light and detect motion, researchers announced at the 2005 annual meeting of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Developed by researchers from the University of Southern California and the Doheny Eye Institute, the artificial retina pairs a tiny electronic eye implant with a video camera mounted on a pair of sunglasses

Continue Here

For the blind to finally see, must be like starting life all over.
By YCON: posted on 11-2-2006

Super Vision Sans Bionics | [Login ]