Australian scientists say they were silenced on climate change

Home » Earth changes » Australian scientists say they were silenced on climate change

Australian scientists say they were silenced on climate change

... Quote:
Three scientists who worked at the Australian science agency say they were pressured to keep their views on climate change to themselves to avoid clashing with government policy.

The government has denied muzzling the scientists, whose claims follow those of a top NASA scientist who last month accused the administration of US President George W. Bush of trying to silence him.

The three, who worked for the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), said their views were censored because they could reflect badly on government policy.

Former CSIRO climate director Graeme Pearman told ABC television in a programme to be aired Monday that he was censored "at least half a dozen times" during his final year at the agency -- but never directly by the government.

"I was told I couldn't say anything that indicated that I disagreed with government policy and I presume that meant federal government policy," he said. He said the agency was "enormously frightened" of interpretations of his work as being critical of government policy.

CSIRO executive Steve Morton said that he had ordered Pearman not to participate in one discussion "which clearly had policy prescriptions in it."

Continue Here

So if these scientists are being silenced or disagree with US government about greenhouse gas reduction or the time frame. What are they hiding.
By YCON: posted on 16-2-2006

Australian scientists say they were silenced on climate change | [Login ]