Iran Enriches Uranium for the First Time

Home » Middle East conflict » Iran Enriches Uranium for the First Time

Iran Enriches Uranium for the First Time

... Quote:
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has successfully enriched uranium for the first time, a major development in its quest to develop nuclear fuel, former President Hashemi Rafsanjani said Tuesday.

Current President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad added that the country "will soon join the club of countries with nuclear technology."

The U.N. Security Council has demanded that Iran stop all uranium enrichment activity by April 28. Iran has rejected the demand, saying it has a right to develop the process.

The comments by the Iranian officials came as the head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency, Mohammed ElBaradei, was due to visit Tehran this week for talks on the nuclear standoff.

Continue Here

Iran continues to reject the demand to stop it's nuclear enrichment program and has enriched uranium for the first time.
By YCON: posted on 12-4-2006

Ok, it seems to me thatthey should know that there are a few nations that will not tolerate this. It really seems that they are trying to bring on a war.
This really doesn't make any sense to me. I don't understand the motive.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 12-4-2006

Yes it does seem that Iran wants war and Bush is more then willing to give it to them. Airstrikes with nuclear bunker busters later this year I bet.

as long as Israeli citizens get no message to show up with their ID cards in the gas masks distribution center (as it was before each of the Iraq wars) , I don't buy a 'Iran-war' idea.
By Riwka: posted on 12-4-2006

If Iran continues to enrich uranium after the 24th of April, the US will prepare to strike. They expect Iran to be able to produce nuclear weapons in a year or so. US will stop them before they get that far.

This is a pretty blatent "up yours" to Bush and the UN.

I wonder if, like Saddam, if he's just blowing hot air. However the attitude is one that is dangerous, if not the actual action.

Can't have nuclear enabled rebels as leaders, especially when they have stated they want to destroy Israel.
By netchicken: posted on 12-4-2006

Iran Enriches Uranium for the First Time | [Login ]