What do these Led Zeppelin lyrics actually mean?

Home » Current events and news » What do these Led Zeppelin lyrics actually mean?

What do these Led Zeppelin lyrics actually mean?

Someone was asking what these famous lyrics (from what I think is the greatest song ever) actually mean, my response was that they didn't have to mean anything :)

I bet when you read these you will hear the music in your head.

... Quote:
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
By netchicken: posted on 6-7-2006

I really like that one, here the song with Viking Kittens! I think in America someone was arrested by Homeland Security for playing that, as someone complained it was "teroristic" (I hate that word its a perverson of the english language)
 http://stuffucanuse.com/onl...
By netchicken: posted on 10-8-2006

Sorry I missed the music, maybe I had not heard the tune ................................ for a while?................ [me thinking] have I heard it at all ¿¿¿¿ [/me thinking]

... Quote:
Originally posted by netchicken
I bet when you read these you will hear the music in your head.

Never mind have a great day everyone
By Richard Principal: posted on 10-8-2006

Seriously, Mike, there is no connection between Israel and those lyrics.

Why don't you equate them with any of the nations around them who refuse to do anything but torment Israel? In fact, Israel has attempted to go down the insane road of "Land For Peace" appeasement B.S. and it has gotten her nothing but more dead and misery. Your assertion is absurd.

Your assertion, however, is not nearly as absurd as these lyrics:

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

MacArthur Park by Richard Harris. Maybe it is because I never did dope, but these lyrics have bugged me since the 70's when I heard them!
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 10-8-2006

One of these days I'm gonna make a trip to Oklahoma with some good German beer. You and I are going to sit down, drink beer and write lyrics. We will become filthy rich.

I just hope we don't wind up like some successful people in the music industry - face down in our own vomit with heroin needles jabbed in out arms. :worm

Still explain that STUPID MacArthur Park lyrics to me!! Please!!!! After all these decades I really need some relief. Nobody has ever been able to put this to rest for me!
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 10-8-2006

I tried to find what the lyrics to MP mean, but all I could find was this facinating thread of extreme opinions :)

http://ilx.wh3rd.net/thread...
By netchicken: posted on 10-8-2006

What do these Led Zeppelin lyrics actually mean? | [Login ]