Cornershot - Gun Shoots around Corners

Home » Military Technology / Videos » Cornershot - Gun Shoots around Corners
More Military Articles

Cornershot - Gun Shoots around Corners

A video showing an innovate Israeli weapons system in developement called the Cornershot which can aim and fire around corners.

This is a neat gun, it has a pivot that turns the end of the gun and a small digital screen to see. It works great.

4 minute video of military combat with the corner shot gun

cornershot.gif - 83.43kb
By YCON: posted on 16-7-2006

oooohhhh looks interesting, just as long as it doesn't swivel 180 degrees :)
By netchicken: posted on 16-7-2006

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE i want one then i can get that bloody cat that sleeps under my bedroom ROFL

:sh:sh:sh:sh:sh:sh:sh:sh:sh:sh

The Duke
By The Duke: posted on 16-7-2006

Video of gun that shoots around corners is now on youtube

By netchicken: posted on 5-11-2006

A new video of the the cornershot!

By netchicken: posted on 5-11-2006

I dont know, it just looks too corny. Maybe it will prove usefull to SWAT and ATF units but I dont think they would use it for the military.
By IAF: posted on 5-11-2006

Wow, looks like the police are checking them out

AKRON, OHIO -- It looks and fires like something out of Star Wars, but the latest weapon that Akron, Ohio Police have in their arsenal certainly appears to be from a galaxy far, far away. It's called "Corner Shot", and it allows officers to load their sidearm into an expandable arm that extends around a corner. Using a video monitor to see that target, the officer can fire a round at a 90-degree angle while staying protected behind cover.

"Expose a weapon, expose a lethal threat, without exposing any part of your body," said Akron Police Captain Mike Shearer. "So it's looks like a very nice weapon."

Shearer was the first officer to fire the system during a familiarization exercise in early December with the SWAT team. Shooting around a barricade, Shearer easily positioned the weapon so that he could engage multiple targets via a small television monitor instead of having to stick his head out around the corner.
... Quote:
On the screen, there's a nice crosshair. So you do have a nice clear picture, a nice crosshair to look through. This weapons platform is going to be a very, very useful tool for the Akron Police Department.
Shearer said.

One Corner Shot system costs between $5-10,000 depending on additional attachments such as laser sighting or a flashlight. Akron officers are the first in the country to access the weapon system, which was sent to Akron by Corner Shot's executives in Israel. They met with Mayor Don Plusquellic during an overseas trip, where they discussed opening a distribution center in Northeast Ohio to provide the weapons to American police departments.
By netchicken: posted on 16-12-2007

Cornershot - Gun Shoots around Corners | [Login ]