A case for reincarnation?

Home » Bizarre world » A case for reincarnation?

A case for reincarnation?

This is an interesting read....

Pittsburghlive.com

James Leininger's parents want their 8-year-old son to have a great life -- his own life.

But for the past 5 1/2 years, the Louisiana boy has been reliving pieces of the life of another James -- Lt. James McCready Huston, a World War II fighter pilot from Uniontown who was killed near Iwo Jima more than 50 years before James was born.

At 2 1/2 years old, James began expressing aviation knowledge that surpassed not just a typical toddler's ability, but that of his parents.

The child began reciting a collection of information and had recurring nightmares about being shot down by a Japanese plane with a red sun on it.

James' parents, Bruce and Andrea, eventually realized their son's assertions were accurate and that something beyond the tangible was occurring. Their lives have not been the same.

Beginning in 2004, James made a couple of TV appearances for ABC News and on the Montel Williams Show.

Tuesday morning, James will tell his story live on ABC's "Good Morning, America," during a segment set to air between 8 and 8:30 a.m.

Bruce Leininger said although there are no new, earth-shattering revelations from James, he is glad to see his son's experiences help keep the memories and sacrifices of soldiers like Huston alive.

"I am writing a book about these men as a tribute to the men of the Natoma Bay -- the ship Lt. Huston was stationed on. That's the way I've eternalized it. We shouldn't forget. We need to remember and realize all of our spirits are on a journey. That's what this is all about," he said in a telephone interview from his Lafayette home.

Huston's sister, Anne Barron, 87, of Los Gatos, Calif., said she believes the boy's accounts.

"It's very hard to describe, but I just can't help but say it has to be true," she said. "He knows too many things. For some reason, he knows these things."

Huston's cousin, Bob Huston, 74, of Franklin Township, Fayette County, agrees.

"To me, it's amazing," he said. "The way the boy explained how (Huston) got shot down, that's what the people told my mother and his father."

Barron said her brother wanted to fly since he was a child, and he enlisted in the U.S. Navy after one year in college.

Huston was shot down March 3, 1945, while on his 50th mission. The mission was to be his last before coming home in April, Barron said.

James' nightmares, which began shortly after his father took him to visit a Dallas flight museum when the boy was 18 months old, center on a plane crash.

"They were terrible, terrible," Andrea Leininger told the Tribune-Review News Service in 2004. "He would scream, 'airplane crash, on fire, little man can't get out!' He'd be kicking, with his hands pointing up at the ceiling."

Andrea Leininger believes her son is the reincarnation of Huston. Neither Bob Huston nor Barron know exactly what to think.

"I don't think when we die we just stop," Barron said. "I don't think I'll know until I go there myself."

Bruce Leininger said James' recollections have been fewer as he's gotten older. And that's a good thing.

"He feels kind of special that he attracts this type of attention, but we don't try to dwell on it," he said. "We want him to be who he is and have his own life. He used to be interested in airplanes, but now he's into Star Wars, so that's a development."

Still, in some ways, James remains an old soul.

"He uses some dated expressions that we have never used. He has interests in seeing historical things, rather than just wanting to go to Disney World," his father said.

In September 2004, when James was 6, his father took him to a reunion of veterans who served on the Natoma. James was able to recognize one of Huston's former shipmates after 60 years.

"His comment was, 'They're all so old,' " he said.

Foods sometimes spark memories.

"I hadn't made meatloaf in 10 years, so James had never had it," Andrea Leininger told the Tribune-Review News Service in 2004. "When he sat down, he said, 'Meatloaf! I haven't had that since I was on the Natoma.' When we were getting ice cream one day, he told me that they could have ice cream every day on the Natoma."

Bruce Leininger said he is considering penning a book about their experiences with their son.

"I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to do," he said.

Bob Huston and Barron plan to be tuned in when James appears on television.

"I just have to see it," Barron said. "I've met the Leiningers, and they're such nice people. And they're honest people. I'm going to watch it."
By netchicken: posted on 28-7-2006

Interesting, indeed.
The Hindus have long believed in reincarnations and I would think that this isnt the first such case of people being able to recollect past lives, though the entire concept seems a bit dodgy to me. But it would be a heck of a memory to have in ones head, dogfighting with Zero's over Iwo Jima.

About the dreams, I think I've read a few years back that scientists were able to record the dreams of mice. Maybe in time we can do the same with people and then that would be truly facinating. Such dreams could then be tested to asertain their veracity.

Sweet Rat Dreams
By IAF: posted on 30-7-2006

I totally believe in reincarnation. I have heard several cases like the one you posted.

Here's a url for a new book called "Return of The Revolutionaries"  http://www.johnadams.net/
... Quote:
In the last ten years, multiple independently researched reincarnation cases have emerged, which reveal that from lifetime to lifetime, people have the same facial features, personality triats, passions and even linguistic writing style. How were cases derived? The most compelling cases involve those in which children have spontaneous memories of a past lifetime that can be factually verified. The case of James Leininger, aired on ABC Primetime in 2005, and the case of Anne Frank/Barbro Karlen, are examples. Past lives can also be derived from spontaneous memories in adulthood or past life regressions. Another set of cases has been derived through Kevin Ryerson, a world famous trance medium.

Not only do people reincarnate, they may also have similar facial characteristics when reborn. Look at the pictures on the site.

Here's another site with a young boy that recalls his past life.
 http://library.thinkquest.o...
... Quote:
On June 6, 1926, Mr. Kekai Nandan Sahay, a lawyer in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India, had a rather odd conversation with his three-year old son, Jagdish. The boy insisted on getting an automobile (a rarity in India at the time), and when Sahay inquired as to where he should get one, the boy replied from the house of his father, Babuji, in Benares (a city more than three hundred miles from Bareilly). Because Hinduism incorporates such a strong belief in reincarnation, Sahay decided to inquire further into the matter.

After more questioning, his son revealed that his name was Jai Gopal, and he went on to describe in great detail the house in which he had lived. He also described the automobiles that Babuji owned, as well as many of Babuji's habits, and Jagdish also revealed that Babuji had two sons and a wife, all of whom had died.

This next url will answer a lot of questions on Reincarnation
 http://www.geocities.com/ri...

The Reincarnation FAQ
... Quote:

Glenn Ford - mysterious language abilities

There are now many recorded cases where under hypnosis a subject has not only recounted details from what appears to be a previous life, but also spoken a foreign language of which they claimed to have little or no previous knowledge.
A notable case of this is the famous Hollywood actor Glenn Ford. Under hypnosis, he recalled five previous lives - one in particular as a French cavalryman under Louis XIV. The astonishing part was that though Ford said he knew only a few basic phrases in French, under hypnosis he spoke French with ease while describing this life. And when recordings of his regression were sent to UCLA (University of California), they discovered that not only was Ford speaking fluent French, he was in fact speaking the Parisian dialect from the 17th century.
By YCON: posted on 31-7-2006

Here is another really good article on reincarnation.

LITTLE Cameron Macaulay was a typical six-year-old, always talking about his mum and family.

He liked to draw pictures of his home too — a long single-storey, white house standing in a bay.

But it sent shivers down his mum’s spine — because Cameron said it was somewhere they had never been, 160 miles away from where they lived.

And he said the mother he was talking about was his “old mum.”

Convinced he had lived a previous life Cameron worried his former family would be missing him.

The Glasgow lad said they were on the Isle Of Barra.

Mum Norma, 42, said: “Ever since Cameron could speak he’s come up with tales of a childhood on Barra.

“He spoke about his former parents, how his dad died, and his brothers and sisters.

“Eventually we just had to take him there to see what we could find.

“It was an astonishing experience.”

Cameron’s journey to find his previous life is now the subject of a spooky TV documentary.

Norma said: “His dad and I are no longer together but neither of our families have ever been to the island.

“At first we just put his stories down to a vivid imagination.” Then life took a more sinister turn as Cameron started to become distressed at being away from his Barra family.

Norma said: “It was awful and went on for years.

“When he started nursery his teacher asked to see me and told me all the things Cameron was saying about Barra. He missed his mummy and his brothers and sisters there.

“He missed playing in rockpools on the beach beside his house.

“And he complained that in our house there was only one toilet, whereas in Barra, they had three.

“He used to cry for his mummy. He said she’d be missing him and he wanted to let his family in Barra know he was all right.

“It was very distressing. He was inconsolable.”

Much more including pictures on the site
The Sun.co.uk
By netchicken: posted on 22-12-2006

A case for reincarnation? | [Login ]