Guy cashes fake check for 95 Thousand dollars

Home » Bizarre world » Guy cashes fake check for 95 Thousand dollars

Guy cashes fake check for 95 Thousand dollars

This is a great story!
It goes for heaps of pages, so click on the link at the bottom of the page...
 http://goodthink.com/writin...

On May 19th, I was one of thousands of people around the country who received a 'junk mail' letter touting a get-rich quick method for making $95,093.35 in just three weeks. That letter also came with a for the same amount, $95,093.35. Everything about the check looked real except for the words 'non-negotiable for cash' typed on the top right hand corner.

For very little reason at all I deposited this check into my ATM. It was fun, like putting monopoly money into the bank. I walked home picturing a bank teller opening my deposit envelope and chuckling upon the sight of the ridiculously large, and obviously a sample, check. I fully expected that on Monday morning someone from my bank would call and say, 'Mr. Combs, the check you deposited on Friday wasn't real.'

On Monday when they didn't call, I figured they were mailing the check back to me and I forgot about the whole thing. Then two days later, while withdrawing $40, my ATM produced a receipt that stated my balance at over one hundred thousand dollars! Suddenly, I remembered the $95,093.35 deposit.

... I was the luckiest S.O.B. alive. The get-rich-quick company had accidentally designed a real check - and I had deposited it!
By netchicken: posted on 30-7-2006

very cool story....very lucky S.O.B
By Venus: posted on 2-8-2006

Guy cashes fake check for 95 Thousand dollars | [Login ]