An SGML fan, an XML fan, and an HTML fan are watching a movie

Home » Humor & Funny videos » An SGML fan, an XML fan, and an HTML fan are watching a movie
More Humor and Fun

An SGML fan, an XML fan, and an HTML fan are watching a movie

from http://www.molly.com/joke.php

fun stuff: joke

An SGML fan, an XML fan, and an HTML fan are watching a movie when they notice smoke coming out of a trashcan.

The SGML fan says "We must convince the theater management to hire an expert to write a DTD for emergency-announcements, and sell them an expensive application for archiving announcements, and get them to hire a team to convert all their old announcements to SGML!"

The XML fan says, "There's no time for that! We must train all the audience members to recognise XML, and then start a committee to investigate the possibility of starting negotiations to form a working group to write a paper on the future evolution of emergency-announcement semantics!"

Meanwhile, the HTML fan takes out his wireless PDA and types in:

FIRE!

which he quickly hacks the digital projection system to display, saving the lives of everyone in the theater.
By Richard Principal: posted on 14-10-2006

LOL!

Thats the first joke I have seen with those entities in it :)

Nice one :)

.. err what happens if doesn't work any more?
By netchicken: posted on 15-10-2006

Good old Molly she used to write to "Web Techniques" type magazine sold in New Zealand, I found her web site via a posting Mrs turtle made on C.R.A.P for web site
 http://www.webtechniques.com/

I got a bit chesed off the people who brought in the magazine (Gordan & Gotch ?) missed some of the issues, I told them I am not paying this much if you dont bring in all the issues.

It was about $15 for about 20 pages in the magazine, I have not seen it around for a while now, you can go to their web site and down load all the articles

A lot of people dont like ing text, I get "bugged" sometimes when I am at a web site and there is some graphic flashing away next to something I am trying to read. much worse than ing text, example right now I see a green sausage pooping out of a street type kind of a man hole, that is not as bad as some web sites.
By Richard Principal: posted on 15-10-2006

An SGML fan, an XML fan, and an HTML fan are watching a movie | [Login ]