Israel thinks of heightened military action in Gaza

Home » Middle East conflict » Israel thinks of heightened military action in Gaza

Israel thinks of heightened military action in Gaza

The rocket attacks from Gaza have continued, and the weapons smuggling is worsening and Hamas is leaving Israel with little choice...
... Quote:
"Israel is not going to count its fatalities," Israel's Internal Security Minister Avi Dichter told reporters at a briefing in Washington. "Those areas in the Gaza Strip that, from there they are launching Qassam rockets, will be under Israeli attacks, and if it's needed, invasion…

"If it will be needed, we know exactly how to invade the specific part of Gaza, and to foil it. And the depth of our invasion is going to be decided by the distance of the Qassam rockets," Dichter said. "We've done it in the West Bank. We've done it several times in the Gaza Strip. We don't have to conquer the whole Gaza Strip."[/quote/

Avi Dichter, former Shin Bet chief and he is knows what is needed to protect Israel. IT would do well for the Palestinians to listen up if Dichter is saying this.

http://www.foxnews.com/stor...
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 20-10-2006

So moving out of Gaza and abandoning the settlements can be seen as the folly people thought it was initially. No peace, no unity, just more bloodshed and war. What a waste of lives, resources, infrastructure, and people THAT was. Looks like they are back to pplan A as plan B didn't work.
By netchicken: posted on 22-10-2006

I suppose I could be called a Zionist, and for that I am totally unapologetic, but I was pretty darned sure that giving up any land would only be seen as a weakening of resolve and will to exist. The move was made and I only hoped it would be fruitful, but you and I both know what will come in the future. We've both read the last book.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 22-10-2006

Israel thinks of heightened military action in Gaza | [Login ]