Woman killed in Gaza while shielding gunmen

Home » Middle East conflict » Woman killed in Gaza while shielding gunmen

Woman killed in Gaza while shielding gunmen

... Quote:
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Israeli forces fired Friday at a group of women who streamed to a Gaza mosque to serve as human shields for gunmen holed up there, killing one and wounding 10, Palestinian officials and witnesses said.

http://www.foxnews.com/stor...

Hamas called out to the "civilian" Arab-Palestinian women to shield the ones who are actively trying to kill off the Israelis. Women responded, brought the gunmen women's clothing and helped them escape.

Reminds me of a WWII bomber who served in the Asian theater of the war; when asked if he felt sorrow for innocent civilians' deaths from the bombs he dropped over Japan he responded by stating that if the woman made lunch for the man who was going to the factory to make bombs and bullets with which to kill the Allies, she was not a civilian.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 4-11-2006

That was a bit silly of them wasn't it?

Afterall if they are willing to be human shields then they are really committing suicide by bullet.

So much for the cowardly gunmen, hiding behind the women.
By netchicken: posted on 4-11-2006

... Quote:
Originally posted by netchicken

So much for the cowardly gunmen, hiding behind the women.

See that there is not PC, a sexual bias!

It shouldnt matter if they were hiding behind a women or a man for they are all equal, arent they ?
By IAF: posted on 5-11-2006

No, they aren't.
We Westerners place a higher value on our women. I'm sure the enemy realizes this.
I, for one, do not intend on changing my attitude in regard of this, but I also will not flinch one iota over the "civilian women" who place themselves between an IDF bullet and a gunman.

I see that the pukish little twerp who leads the U.N. demands that Israel acts proportionately and abides by international laws of humanitarianism, and as an afterthought, requests the rocket attacks against Israeli civians cease. Let me think, act proportionately. Does he suggest Israel randomly fire rockets into Gaza?

Darn good thing I'm not in charge of the IDF. DAMNED good thing I'm not in charge of the IAF!
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 7-11-2006

We westerner "men" place a higher value on the lives of our women but the terrorist its like if this woman dies protecting me she becomes my virgin in heaven and I get 71 ! So its a win-win I would imagine.

The rest of the PC part is a dig at feminism!
By IAF: posted on 7-11-2006

Don't you think they were playing on our "protect the women" mentality?
I didn't see it work very well around these parts. Maybe we Westerners are more PC than they thought we are! :guy
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 7-11-2006

Quite possibly, we know that terrorists stoop to any level, I mean in the Al-qaeda training manual its okay to kill their own women and kids in their fight against infidels. What ever gets the soldier to lower his aim for even a second so they can get a shot in.

Just a wild guess here but these women may also be feeling marginalized in the "jehad" front, no limelight. I mean when was the last time they were given a suicide belt to blow themselves up ?? Sure the Intifada had its moments but I would imagine the pent up frustration would be taking its toll. A little bravado, they know the IDF soldier is a good Jew and if he kills her he gets pulled up and she gets famous!
By IAF: posted on 7-11-2006

Thats ok, guys. Thats why you have me.

I do not posses the male chivilarous attitude towards women. To me, one target is as good as another if it is deliberately trying to prevent me from doing my duty. I do not hold any soft spots for persons who make assumptions of honorable attitudes they assume I must posses because of my nationality or gender.

To me, the extent of a human shield is how well their bulk can hinder my ammo. generally, humans make poor shields, especially when packing a 50 cal.
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 11-11-2006

By the way, this is one of many reasons I hold no love for the Arabs or Palestinians, even as I have no love or support for the Israelis. They revel in victimhood, and I hate willing victims.
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 11-11-2006

Israel doesn't revel in victimhood, they have that thrust upon them by those who surround them and want them dead.

As much as I feel sorry for the "civilian" Arab Palestinians, they placed themselves in the precarious spot they are in a long time ago when they sided with their "brother" Arabs and they continue to allow themselves to be the pawns and walking bombs for therest of the Arab world.

I, too, have no sympathy for the women who place themselves in front of bullets intended for the gunmen, but then again, the propaganda war was not created for the likes of you and me.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 11-11-2006

Woman killed in Gaza while shielding gunmen | [Login ]