Looks like Saddam is going to swing

Home » World Terrorism » Looks like Saddam is going to swing

Looks like Saddam is going to swing

Personally I think its a waste of time, he should have been tried overseas where there would ahve been a fairer trial.

The best bet, I think, would be for the US to let him go, give him back Iraq, and get out :) Somehow I don't think thats going to happen.

When you look at how many have died after he was taken out, his reign doesn't seem so terrible, (mind you his sons were sadistic monsters) Maybe it took a hard man to run a hard country.
... Quote:

President Bush has said Saddam Hussein's sentencing to death for crimes against humanity is a milestone for Iraq.

Saddam, shaking and defiant, was sentenced in Baghdad today after being found guilty of ordering the murder of Iraqi civilians.

Sky.com
By netchicken: posted on 6-11-2006

The number killed doesn't hold a candle to those who died during his reign. The gassing of the Kurds is reason alone he should have swung a long time ago.
The neighboring states are not only allowing fighters to pour across their borders, but are encouraging people to go to Iraq, fight and disrupt the attempted making of a democracy. Theocratic governments and tyrants are welcomed neighbors but a democracy would be intolerable. Even though raqi soldiers and police are being killed by cowardly bombs, Iraqis continue to step up and take their place. This tells me that the feeling I get from time to time, that they just aren't worth all this hassle, might not be right.
What we'd better not do look weak or anything less than strong and resolute or we'll be in a lot of trouble. Whether we realized it a few years ago, we grabbed a tiger by the tail.
He was found guilty in Iraq by an Iraqi court for what he did in Iraq.

Let'em swing, that is what the sentence is. As far as my thoughts, I don't care. It makes little difference in my world if he dies or is imprisoned.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 6-11-2006

... Quote:
Originally posted by netchicken
Personally I think its a waste of time, he should have been tried overseas where there would ahve been a fairer trial.

The best bet, I think, would be for the US to let him go, give him back Iraq, and get out :) Somehow I don't think thats going to happen.

When you look at how many have died after he was taken out, his reign doesn't seem so terrible, (mind you his sons were sadistic monsters) Maybe it took a hard man to run a hard country.
... Quote:

President Bush has said Saddam Hussein's sentencing to death for crimes against humanity is a milestone for Iraq.

Saddam, shaking and defiant, was sentenced in Baghdad today after being found guilty of ordering the murder of Iraqi civilians.

Sky.com

Amen, Brother.

Yeah, he was a supreme asshole, true. But thats exactly what a country of religous fanaticism and ethnic tension needed to keep themselves from killing one another.
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 8-11-2006

I found this nice graphic which seems appropriate

saddamnooseqh2.gif - 83.09kb
By netchicken: posted on 17-11-2006

Thirty days to go! (max)

I wonder what he is thinking, considering how many he would have put to death the same way.

http://apnews.myway.com/art...

Iraq's highest court rejected Saddam Hussein's appeal Tuesday and said the former dictator must be hanged within 30 days for ordering the killing of scores of Shiite Muslims in 1982.

The sentence has already stoked Iraq's sectarian rage, with the Shiite majority demanding Saddam's death and his fellow Sunni Arabs calling the trial tainted.

"From tomorrow, any day could be the day" Saddam is sent to the gallows, the chief judge said. Saddam was condemned to death for his role in the execution of 148 Shiite Muslims from the small northern town of Dujail, after a 1982 assassination attempt.
By netchicken: posted on 27-12-2006

Saddam's Baath Party Threatens U.S. Over Planned Execution

AMMAN, Jordan — Saddam Hussein's Baath Party threatened Wednesday to retaliate if the ousted Iraqi leader is executed, warning in an Internet posting it would target U.S. interests anywhere.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,239044,00.html
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 28-12-2006

personaly i think he got what he deserved. But to have the guards there taunting him was wrong, he knew he was going 2 be hung. I think he had a fair trial over here and it should of been done a long time ago. is everyone forgetting the missery he put some countries/people through (or was that right)?????????
By playgirl: posted on 6-1-2007

Hey there playgirl, welcome to the board.

I totally agree with you Saddam and his henchmen sons, killed a lot of people can ruined many lives. He really is getting what he deserves.

But we as a society should be able to rise above the taunting childish level displayed. That it was iraqi's and not Americans who caused the trouble does explain a lot. maybe the people who taunted him had themselves been his victims in the past?
By netchicken: posted on 6-1-2007

Looks like Saddam is going to swing | [Login ]