Arcadi Gaydamak is Santa Clause

Home » Middle East conflict » Arcadi Gaydamak is Santa Clause

Arcadi Gaydamak is Santa Clause

Sderot has been under continuous attack by the terrorist organization operating in Gaza, the land Israel handed to the Arab Palestinians in hopes for peace. They are repayed with Qassam rockets, instead. Only a fraction of the schools have been reinforced to better withstand the warheads carried by the rockets. The people are weary, the kids have had normal childhoods stolen from them.
Now, the bright side. Arcadi Gaydamak. Mr. Gaydamak is a wealthy man, one who can afford to do something for the people of Sderot, and he did.

... Quote:
"He asked me what I wanted," Katar says. "I told him that I wanted to get the children out, and that it would cost NIS 4,000 to NIS 5,000 a week, but that it's possible to cut down on expenses. He said: 'Miss, what do you want? Do you want money? Leave the telephone line open.' At 10:30 P.M. his assistant, Yossi, called, and said to me: 'You have 600 rooms in Eilat.' I've never met people like his aides. They work 24 hours a day."

http://www.haaretz.com/hase...

What is Mr. Gaydamak's angle? Is he attempting to make a political run of some sort? Does he have selfish reasons for this deed he has done? Beats me. What I do know is that there are a lot of rocket-weary kids who are out of reach of Qassams and are letting their nerves uncoil while at Eilat and for right now, that is what is important to this SUCU member. The Israeli children aren't raised to be homicide bombers, they are taught to hate from the day they understand verbal communication, they are children. They need the chance to be children and enjoy the safety and security all children should be able to enjoy, regardless of the wealthy man's underlying motivations.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 26-11-2006

Arcadi Gaydamak is Santa Clause | [Login ]