Women talk three times as much as men

Home » Science & Technology » Women talk three times as much as men

Women talk three times as much as men

its gets even scarier...

It is something one half of the population has long suspected - and the other half always vocally denied. Women really do talk more than men.

In fact, women talk almost three times as much as men, with the average woman chalking up 20,000 words in a day - 13,000 more than the average man.

Women also speak more quickly, devote more brainpower to chit-chat - and actually get a buzz out of hearing their own voices, a new book suggests.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...

There is hope for us, God has given men Testosterone
... Quote:
There are, however, advantages to being the strong, silent type. Dr Brizendine explains that testosterone also reduces the size of the section of the brain involved in hearing - allowing men to become "deaf" to the most logical of arguments put forward by their wives and girlfriends.
By netchicken: posted on 28-11-2006

I've always thought women talked more, but now I've got proof I was right!!!!!!!!!!
By Terry: posted on 28-11-2006

anyone want to chat about this?;)
By Venus: posted on 28-11-2006

Well come on over to the chatroom, and we can investigate it!!!
By Terry: posted on 28-11-2006

Wait a minute.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...

... Quote:
There are, however, advantages to being the strong, silent type. Dr Brizendine explains that testosterone also reduces the size of the section of the brain involved in hearing - allowing men to become "deaf" to the most logical of arguments put forward by their wives and girlfriends.

But what the male brain may lack in converstation and emotion, they more than make up with in their ability to think about sex.

Dr Brizendine says the brain's "sex processor" - the areas responsible for sexual thoughts - is twice as big as in men than in women, perhaps explaining why men are stereotyped as having sex on the mind.

These is advantageous because.........? I must be missing something.

Actually, considering her findings she probably just said that to make the guys feel better since they will just fall for it logical or not. :P
By MELtdown: posted on 28-11-2006

Where's the news?

Dr. Brisendine is full of absolute crap in one thing, though; for eight years (four years per marriage) I waited for one of the wives to put forth a logical argument and I never got it. I listened and attempted to analyse but you can't make sugar out of s***.

:ba
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 29-11-2006

Obviously Feminsits have proven to be bad social scientists! Thats why most article feminists write as scientific findings on the sexes are not taken seriously due to the natural bias they have. The interesting thing is that they try to say that women are more chatty which follows the standard sterotype of women. I wonder if this is some sort of vindication to the claims that men have been making through the millinia ?? Maybe a final admission from the feministt elite ?
By IAF: posted on 29-11-2006

I honestly got to give you guys this one.

First the conclusions she comes to aren't flattering to either men or women, and quite frankly, I think they contradict the positive points she was attempting to make about women.

I'm disappointed she couldn't even find a really worthy thing to study in the first place, cause in my book this is a major who gives a?

I happen to know some exceptionally chatty men, and some exceptionally quiet women though, and I don't trust either of them.:j
By MELtdown: posted on 29-11-2006

I swear. My husband must be the bitch in our relationship.

he is the one with no sense of direction. He always stops and asks for directions. I never do. I prefer figuring it out on my own.

it is he who talks and rabbits nonstop. I am very silent and usually block him out, which causes him to go into a fit cuz Im not paying attention. It is he who spends hours on his phone talking to whoever. I can barely handle being on the phone long enough to provide a few grunts and yeahs or nays. I like short and to the point.

He nags me nonstop about anything. Nags be about mowing the lawn. Nags me about my eating habbits. Nags me about my sleeping. About how much grass I smoke.

It is he who needs romance and crap to get turned on. He cant go from zero to love machine in less than 5 seconds like i can, and thinks im too rough or too much a brute.

hes the one with little emotional control and is always complaing or throwing fits about something, while i turn on the radio in my head and play Judas Preist or something to tune him out.

Yes, I think I know the opne who has the proverbial balls in this marriage ;).
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 30-11-2006

Women talk three times as much as men | [Login ]