How stonehenge was built

Home » Online videos » How stonehenge was built
More Online Videos

How stonehenge was built

Retired builder moves massive blocks around by himself. Very good article on how much one person can accomplish with very low technology. Directly applicable to how massive stone buildings may have been built in the past.

By netchicken: posted on 4-12-2006

Impressive, but the thing is this guy is using information about weight, gravity and lever systems that in all probability the ancients didnt know. But it is very well applied science indeed!

Something like that pyramid concrete mix article, very interesting to know.
By IAF: posted on 4-12-2006

I don't know IAF, just ebcause they had lower technology levels doesn't mean they were unable to discover for themselves how to move the objects.

The Ancient heads on Easter Island were, I think, moved in a similar manner into place. I think archeologists were even told by the locals how they moved the huge sculptures, using similar principles to the guy in the video.
By netchicken: posted on 4-12-2006

This was built during the stone age right? If it was then observing, learning and appling those principles to something would be quite a task!

I just checked up and it says that it was buit during 2500BC so then it would be quite possible for this to be done. They had huge cities and advanced architecture by then in some civilizations, not to mention the founding of monetheism etc. Yes, now that I know the date is sounds quite plausible.
By IAF: posted on 4-12-2006

How stonehenge was built | [Login ]