Amazing tiny twin engine plane

Home » Online videos » Amazing tiny twin engine plane
More Online Videos

Amazing tiny twin engine plane

This is the smallest plane I have ever seen that takes a human. Really quite amazing to see, and the pilot is a great flyer.

By netchicken: posted on 11-12-2006

Those two little motors pulled him over an outside loop? Did you see that? It didn't even look like he started out in a dive, either!!

:tu:tu
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 11-12-2006

Yeah :)

I don't know much about planes, but that guy sure looks exposed with those tiny wings and motors. I imagine if they cut out you wouldn't glide much., you'd drop like a rock.

It seemed to take him a long time to achieve take off, yet once up he was immedaitly into steep climbs.
By netchicken: posted on 11-12-2006

These planes are kit built planes that people build in their garages. They usually build them to be below 400lbs to that they dont need to subscribe to FAA guidelines and stuff. Some of these things actually run on motors that power lawnmovers and stuff, they are quite amazing! And for nearly a $1000 you can have one of these kits. Obviously you need to put in a lot of sweat and time into them but people do and they can just drive out to the airfield and fly their machines. You cant get it insured very easily because they dont follow FAA guidelines though.

Also the reason you see it doing all these crazy moves is because the ratio between the weight of the plane the total thrust of the plane is very low. This almost makes it fly like a kite strapped to a rocket. You can pull it anywhich way, provided the airframe holds. Thats why people dont see these go into production because the manufacturer cannot gaurantee the saftey. Also these things can stay for at most 30mins in the air.
By IAF: posted on 11-12-2006

Amazing tiny twin engine plane | [Login ]