Myth or True? - how to open you car if you forget your keys

Home » Bizarre world » Myth or True? - how to open you car if you forget your keys

Myth or True? - how to open you car if you forget your keys

Unfortunately I can't do this with my car but according to this website.
... Quote:

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone on your (or someone else's) cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person at your home press the unlock button of your key fob (clicker), holding it near the phone on their end.

Your car doors will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.

Distance is no object you could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk!).

Editor's Note * It works fine! We tried it out, and it unlocked our car over a cell phone.

I locked the car and had my youngest daughter call me while I was far away from the car.

I clicked open into the phone and I could hear the car doors unlock through her cell phone. My daughter confirmed that sure enough the doors opened. Pass this one on to your friends......

Same article also here

Lots of debate and mutual abuse by posters here over the reality of this as well.
By netchicken: posted on 15-12-2006

that's just silly

I'll let you know if it works:worm
By Venus: posted on 16-12-2006

........... and here are my tips

Motoring.

Tip #1
There is no need to leave your "Head lights" on when you park your car, As you walk away from it, have a look back at it, I have lost count the number of times I have looked back and seen either the head lights on or the tail lights going.

Tip #2
Forgetful at night and forget to turn your headlights on? When I start to drive off along the road, I got into the habit of looking at the instrument panel, When I drive at night this will light up and tell me if the car head lights are turned on.

Tip #3
Keep a spare car key in your wallet, I have saved braking in to my car many times. It saves more than it cost for that extra key.

Tip #4
Why flash your headlights "on" to the cars coming towards you to warn them there is a police car around? this only promotes motorist to travel at higher speed, causing death on the road, flash your headlights too many times and they might put you your passengers and your car on their HIT list. sometimes I think most motorist needs to get a brain.
By Richard Principal: posted on 16-12-2006

What amazes me is my headlights automatically turn off when I take the key out of the ignition.

The process to do that is a mere "normally open" switch, that returns to open when the key is removed, and breaks the circuit to the light (I imagine, could be totally electronic as well knowing subaru).

Why the heck has it taken so many years for such a simple system to be installed in cars, and some still don't have it?
By netchicken: posted on 16-12-2006

Myth or True? - how to open you car if you forget your keys | [Login ]