The FBI can monitor every cellphone sold in the USA today

Home » Current events and news » The FBI can monitor every cellphone sold in the USA today

The FBI can monitor every cellphone sold in the USA today

The FBI have a wonderful tool to keep track of people and record their conversations, their own cell phones, even when they are turned off.

What cellphone manufacturers are reluctant to include in-among all the blurb about Bluetooth and high-speed data connectivity is that apparently every recent phone sold in the US has a built-in tracking device that, once activated remotely, can be set to keep the microphone powered on even when the phone itself is switched off.

The FBI used the technology in collecting evidence for the recent Genovese crime family trial, and it should be made clear that they can only do so with the relevant court order. Saying that, just how difficult is it to get a court order in our age of super-terror?

The only way to circumnavigate the tracker is removing the battery, which then makes the phone rather useless. In fact, you’d be better off carrying a small child’s shoe, which could at least be used for storing your keys.

The above is from Here

The original article below is Here

A recent court ruling in a case against the Genovese crime family revealed that the FBI has the ability from a remote location to activate a cell phone and turn its microphone into a listening device that transmits to an FBI listening post, a method known as a "roving bug." Experts say the only way to defeat it is to remove the cell phone battery.

... Quote:
The FBI can access cell phones and modify them remotely without ever having to physically handle them. Any recently manufactured cell phone has a built-in tracking device, which can allow eavesdroppers to pinpoint someone's location to within just a few feet.

James Atkinson, a counterintelligence security consultant, told ABC News.
By netchicken: posted on 31-12-2006

It seems such technology is quite popular. A few weeks ago a family got lost, and eventually died in the wilderness. An engineer managed to track their location using their cell phone.

... Quote:
An Edge Wireless engineer tracked the signals from a cell phone and used his technical experience to narrow down the location of the family of CNET Editor James Kim to a specific area. But, the document shows, authorities failed to act on this information for two days.

Fox News
By netchicken: posted on 31-12-2006

Yeah, they've been able to use the phone to track us for quite some time, I thought.
The confirmed fact that they can listen to us by using the cell phone as a monitoring device is a new one to me but I suspected it, anyway.

Cell phones, Onstar, RFID's; it'll be no problem at all for them to track us down when they want to do so.

This reminds me of a movie that was distributed among the churches back in the 70's about the Tribulation period right after the rapture. The protagonists were tracked down by the anti-Christ authorities even though they were trying to hide. Here we are, huh?
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 31-12-2006

And people wonder why I never have bought a cellphone, and never use them?

My husband gave me his old cellphone and put a new card and time on it, and I never used the damned thing. I still dont. They hold no use for me whatsoever.

Now here are even more reasons NOT to own one.
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 4-1-2007

The FBI can monitor every cellphone sold in the USA today | [Login ]