Top 10 military articles in 2006

Home » Military Technology / Videos » Top 10 military articles in 2006
More Military Articles

Top 10 military articles in 2006

How could I have missed these :)

On Tuesday morning, a retired Catholic priest and two veterans put on clown suits, busted into a nuclear missile launch facility, and began beating the silo cover with hammers, in an attempt to take the Minuteman III missile off-line. Seriously. Clowns Sabotage Nuke Missiles

One of the big selling points of the Navy's new destroyer is that it can rain a whole lot of hell -- 20 rocket-propelled artillery shells, in less than a minute -- on targets up to 63 nautical miles away. Fully armed, two DDG1000s should have the firepower of an entire, 640-man artillery battalion, the Navy promises.

But really, that's the start. The ship's real power will come when it moves away from chemical powders to shoot its projectiles -- and starts relying on electromagnetic fields to shoot projectiles almost six kilometers/second, instead. With an electromagnetic rail gun pushing the rounds out so quickly, the number of rounds fired per ship would jump from 232 to 5000, Navy planners believe. Rail gun in the worls

War is hell. But it’s worse when the Marines bring out their new urban combat weapon, the SMAW-NE. Which may be why they’re not talking about it, much.

This is a version of the standard USMC Shoulder Mounted Assault Weapon but with a new warhead. Described as NE - "Novel Explosive"- it is a thermobaric mixture which ignites the air, producing a shockwave of unparalleled destructive power, especially against buildings. Marines Brutal new weapon

Many more facinating articles here
By netchicken: posted on 3-1-2007

... Quote:

On Tuesday morning, a retired Catholic priest and two veterans put on clown suits, busted into a nuclear missile launch facility, and began beating the silo cover with hammers, in an attempt to take the Minuteman III missile off-line. Seriously. Clowns Sabotage Nuke Missiles.

Oh yeah, this is really intelligent! "Lets start beating the control systems for a nuclear weapon with hammers!"

:ws

*shakes my head*

And what if, in their attempt to take the missile off-line, they accidently caused it to launch? I know that is unlikely as it would require launch codes being entered, but you never know.

What's really scary is the fact that these 3 idiots actually managed to get into the control center for the missile.

I hope these guys are serving nice long prison sentences.
By Xphilesphan: posted on 27-3-2007

WHAT!!!!! That scares the hell out of me, how did they
Managed to get in there to begin with. Arenít those facilities
Guarded at all?
By Shan: posted on 28-3-2007

Top 10 military articles in 2006 | [Login ]