Over 4.5 Billion people could die from Global Warming-related causes by 2012

Home » Science & Technology » Over 4.5 Billion people could die from Global Warming-related causes by 2012

Over 4.5 Billion people could die from Global Warming-related causes by 2012

Here's a scarey article on global worming.

... Quote:
Hydrate hypothesis illuminates growing climate change alarm

Compiled by John Stokes

A recent scientific theory called the "hydrate hypothesis" says that historical global warming cycles have been caused by a feedback loop, where melting permafrost methane clathrates (also known as "hydrates") spur local global warming, leading to further melting of clathrates and bacterial growth.

In other words, like western Siberia, the 400 billion tons of methane in permafrost hydrate will gradually melt, and the released methane will speed the melting. The effect of even a couple of billion tons of methane being emitted into the atmosphere each year would be catastrophic.

The "hydrate hypothesis" (if validated) spells the rapid onset of runaway catastrophic global warming. In fact, you should remember this moment when you learned about this feedback loop-it is an existencial turning point in your life.

Continue Here

If the hydrate hypothesis is true and kills off over 4 billion people by the year 2012, the next 5 years will be very interesting to say the least.
By YCON: posted on 13-1-2007

Only 4.5 billion, Whew! I thought it would be more.

Now thats a worst case senario :)

Good find!
By netchicken: posted on 13-1-2007

... Quote:
Over 4.5 billion people could die from Global Warming related causes by 2012, as planet Earth accelarates into a greed-driven horrific catastrophe.

Well Iíve not found any significant changes in the weather, maybe Iím adapting I donít know
Thatís a big prediction on their part, so if nothing happens drastically in the next two years
Iím sure itís just another scare mongering article, ill just wait and see.

... Quote:
Atmospheric concentrations of CO2 rose by a record amount over the past year.

Donít trees intake co2?
With the decline of forests world wide and if indeed this article is true somewhat,
Could it be a lack of trees thatís tipping the ecological balance?
But Iím sure itís just part of the whole problem.
By Shan: posted on 14-1-2007

There's a positive note to me!

If there are that fewer people then land will be much cheaper and I'll be able to spread out a little.

Less people means a drop in oil demand and a drop in prices, and couple that with less people on the highways....I'm going to get a much faster car now in anticipation of using it then! :tu
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 14-1-2007

Wait a second. I thought we were all supposed to be dying off in 2000 from the hole in the Ozone? And yet we still increase in numbers? That was what they told us in the 80's.

Hmmm. Now 4.5 billion people gonna die in the next few years?

Scare mongering? Probably.
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 15-1-2007

Over 4.5 Billion people could die from Global Warming-related causes by 2012 | [Login ]