The al-Aksa mosque contrived uproar continues

Home » Middle East conflict » The al-Aksa mosque contrived uproar continues

The al-Aksa mosque contrived uproar continues

This is becoming remeniscent of the protests over the cartoons last year. The new extreme has been an Eqyptian politician wanting to nuclear attack Israel.

... Quote:
A member of the Egyptian Parliament from President Hosni Mubarak's ruling party said Monday that nothing short of a nuclear bomb would "work" with Israel.

"That cursed Israel is trying to destroy Al-Aksa Mosque," Mohamed el-Katatny of Mubarak's National Democratic Party (NDP) told the Egyptian Parliament, adding "nothing will work with Israel except for a nuclear bomb that wipes it out of existence."
(Here)

Apparently the real reasons for the Arabic protests are that the ruins being discovered are from teh Second Temple, and these are the true reason for the digging. Arabs don't like being reminded that their temple is on the site of much older Jewish Temple complexes.

... Quote:
Among the findings at the site currently being excavated for the rebuilding of the bridge to the Mughrabi Gate, the archeologists have found pipes belonging to a medieval water system, but for Baruch, "the most interesting find is that we have found the evidence which suggests that right under the Umayyad ruins are Byzantine ruins [135-638], and under these, we believe there are Herodian roads and other ruins from the Second Temple period."

"The main excavations of the Umayyad and Byzantine ruins at the Mugrabi area will begin in a couple of days, and if we are patient enough, in five or six months time we could find Second Temple period ruins" to add to what has already been discoved in the adjacent archelogical park, Baruch added.
(here)
By netchicken: posted on 13-2-2007

You know, I'd just as Israel stop digging. There is nothing that needs be proven and the Arabs are so mentally unstable that they don't need incitement!
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 14-2-2007

You know, 'mental instability' is a strong phrase, but I am inclined to agree with you.

I gather they are doing the archeology before building a bridge to the mosque as the foundations of the bridge would destroy the ruins. At present the work is over 200 meters away from the Mosque.

However I am starting to think that the arabs are crazy, or stupid and easily manipulated, or a little of all three ... or maybe that their society is so stressed that any little event can cause them to flip out.
By netchicken: posted on 14-2-2007

I've read many books about the whole ME scene, some of the books you wouldn't expect me to even bother reading, but one thing I have surmised about the typical Arab Muslim is that they really don't avail themselves to other sources of information as we in the West do. What their spiritual leaders say is taken to be true. They aren't really into the whole concept of questioning everything including one's self as we love to do.

Another thing (dangerous in cases such as this one) that I figured out from being around many of them is that they can easily react to their emotions. It's been my experience that they are very quick to laugh and have a good time, and they are just as easy to react to their own negative emotion.

I know that what we in the West read is not all that happens, and I hope that Israel is doing all it can to insure the Arabs understand their intentions.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 14-2-2007

I never needed to read any books about Arab/Muslim mentality. Spending a mere 6 months in their sand pit holy land was enough education to prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt that Arabs are irrational, mentally unstable, and completely against anything resembling civilized 21st century society. or even civilized 17 century.

For example, I remember, when in Saudi, these Muslim liasons at the "Saudi Cultural center" were telling me that the Koran is perfect, because of its scientific proofs. Like the "scientific proof" that Allah put mountains down to keep the land from wobbling during an earthquake. And they actually believe this to be a scientific fact, despite my attempting politely to explain that regions with mountains are not only more earthquake prone, but that most mountains themselves were formed by earthquakes. They told me I was wrong, because science has proven the Koran (huh?). Whatever.

Then they started claiming that Muslims were the first people in the world to give women rights, and that they respect women........................I SHIT YOU NOT..........this is exactly what they said. I just stared at them for a long time as they explained how Muslim women were treated better and in higher regard than medieval or even Roman women in Europe.....when they were done with that load of crap, I really turned read, trying hard to surpress my laughter. They showed a profound, elemmntal ignorance of western cultural. I mean, seriously profound.................

I have a couple theories on why Arabs are a bit off.

1. Inbreeding. Yup. It happens on a very large scale. Marrying cousins is common, and even the preferred norm in the middle east. Saddam Hussein came from a cousin/cousin relationship. He married off one of his daughters to a cousin. When I was in saudi Arabia, I learned that families withh try and marry their kids off to cousins before looking outside the family. As we all know, inbreeding causes all sorts of genetic problems, not the least of which is serious mental problems and instability. Look at the European royal families and natives of Arkansas is you don't believe me.

2. The Desert. the desert is hot and dry. We all know that extreme heat makes people more tempermental, more irrational, and more violent. Murders and assaults in the west tend to increase greatly in the summer as temperatures get hotter. We get more road rage. heat also leads to dehydration, and dehydration causes mental problems and irrational behavior.

3. Toxic Water. When i was in saudi Arabia, we were told not to drink the water, not even to brush our teeth with it, because they have no environmental standards there, and the tap water, brought in from the Persian Gulf via de-salinization plants, was loaded with heavy metals and toxic crap from the oil refineries, as well as land-based dumping and sewage. the water had shitloads of goodies like arsenic, mercury, lead, benzene, ect, along with lots of disease causing bacteria. I mean, we had to use bottled water to brush our teeth with. unfortunately, we couldnt avoid it for hygeine use in washing, showering, and shaving. Many of us did develop some rashes from just skin exposure to it.

And the locals drank this shit and used it in cooking. I think nothing more needs to be said.
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 15-2-2007

Video explaining the purpose of the building of the ramp to the al-Aksa mosque.

I don't know why they just don't leave it now and let the people who want to get into the mosque walk the long way.

By netchicken: posted on 17-2-2007

Well the Jews should be more worried with the construction as it is closer to the western wall than the Al-Aqsa mosque.
By IAF: posted on 17-2-2007

The al-Aksa mosque contrived uproar continues | [Login ]