EU supports Syria\'s desire for the Golan Heights

Home » Middle East conflict » EU supports Syria's desire for the Golan Heights

EU supports Syria's desire for the Golan Heights

The Golan Heights overlooks Israel, limbing to a height of 1,700 feet. As has been demonstrated in the past, the Golan Heights is the perfect place from which Syria can launch an invasion of Israel. Artillery and rockets could rain on Israel like a metallic thunderstorm of cordite and shrapnel, yet the EU thinks that Israel should give back the land Israel captured in a defensive war.

Anyone ever notice how the Europeans prefer to hold Israel to a different set of rules than it does itself?

... Quote:
The European Union supports Syria's goal of regaining the Golan Heights from Israel, the EU foreign policy chief said after meeting President Bashar Assad on Wednesday.

"We would like to work as much as possible to see your country Syria recuperate the territory taken in 1967," Javier Solana told a joint news conference with Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Moallem.

http://www.haaretz.com/hase...

Pics of the Golan Heights, to give an idea what is being discussed:
 http://www.godsclay.com/gol...

But, should anyone be surprised that the EU backs the Arabs in nearly everything? The EU doesn't even have a fertility rate that sustains its own population while the Arab imigrants have a fertility rate that that makes it CLEAR who is going to be ruling that roost in a generation!
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 15-3-2007

How on earth can they demand that in the light of the recent confrontations?

The Golan would allow Syria to lob missiles at least as far as Tel Aviv.

Its a bribe to stop Syria from supporting the war in Iraq. I very much doubt that Israel will roll over and be the sacrifice in this situation.
By netchicken: posted on 15-3-2007

I highly doubt it will either.

The EU is like a whore. It haws constantly abused its sugar daddy, the US, and now it is looking for a new rich man to support it. It wants control and influence over the middle east like it had in its glory days, and they think the key to that is sucking off the Arab world.

Except the Arab sugar daddy will certainly not tolerate the liberties its "mistress" would like to take and will wrap her up with an abayah and beat her soundly.
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 15-3-2007

Ooh-ooh, another book for you to read, Twilight! Read America Alone, by Mark Steyn. That'll give you a very, very good idea of why your edopted continent is behaving in such a susbservient manner in regard to the despots in the Middle East!
Better get ready to dress "properly" in a few years!
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 15-3-2007

Ta Da!

http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com...

"America Alone" extracts :)

Europe is doomed, ....
By netchicken: posted on 15-3-2007

Well Israel only took the Golan Heights because the Syrians had used as an arty test site in 67. I doubt with the support to Hizbullah and others Israel would be too willing to give them the edge back again.

They could get it back, only once they have made their peace with Israel. Not before that. Certainly not when they are helping Hizbullah and others like it.
By IAF: posted on 15-3-2007

... Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas_Crowne
Ooh-ooh, another book for you to read, Twilight! Read America Alone, by Mark Steyn. That'll give you a very, very good idea of why your edopted continent is behaving in such a susbservient manner in regard to the despots in the Middle East!
Better get ready to dress "properly" in a few years!

I already know why Europe is subservient. Its more than just their declining birthrate, too :P.

In a few years I wont be living here anyway. And I didnt adopt it. Im simply on an extended educational tour here ;)
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 16-3-2007

True, more than just their declining fertility rate. Their declining fertility rate is a symptom of the problem that is screwing them up and causing them to be what they are becoming.
You know, there are better ways to go to Europe than the one you chose! :P
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 16-3-2007

I dunno about that. The last trip to Europe I took pretty much sucked, and I almost got sent to the Balkans by Slick Willy cuz of it!

:yak
By Twilight_Rogue: posted on 20-3-2007

EU supports Syria\'s desire for the Golan Heights | [Login ]