Am I the only person who thinks Khalid Shaikh Mohammed\'s confession is a load of bollocks?

Home » World Terrorism » Am I the only person who thinks Khalid Shaikh Mohammed's confession is a load of bollocks?

Am I the only person who thinks Khalid Shaikh Mohammed's confession is a load of bollocks?

After 4 years in solitary in Guantanamo and accusations of torture, is he really now telling the truth? Or is it the truth that he knows the administration want to hear.

And if you wanted to make your confession sound unbelievable, because it is, then I would embellish it to ludicrous levels. It sounds like the ego puffery and bragging of someone reveling in the attention he is receiving and knowing that the more outrageous he makes his story the more attention he gets.

His stories are eagerly seized by an administration desperate to show some successes and tie up the loose ends before the coming elections. If they can't catch Bin Laden, at least they can show they have another king pin, they just need a body to pin the blame on.

Some of the babble covering the issue in the media
 http://www.nytimes.com/2007...
By netchicken: posted on 16-3-2007

Well they have had plenty of time to turn him into a parrot.:guy
By TUTUTKAMEN: posted on 17-3-2007

No, I was thinking along those lines as well.
Sounds to me as if he is trying to take all the heat in order to take it off of others, or maybe he is getting "confessed" so that the Bush administration can look better than what it is.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 17-3-2007

I'm pretty sure we already knew that he was behind that stuff. Seems to me he is doing more bragging than confessing.
By Venus: posted on 17-3-2007

How about this .....

Talk about the confession unravelling...

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed's alleged confession testimony has been thoroughly discredited after it emerged that one of the targets he identified, the Plaza Bank, was not founded until 2006, four years after the alleged Al-Qaeda mastermind's arrest.

In his confession, KSM claims, "I was responsible for planning, training, surveying, and financing for the New (or Second) Wave of attacks against the following skyscrapers after 9/11: ...Plaza Bank, Washington state."

KSM was arrested in March 2003. According to the Plaza Bank's website, the organization was founded in early 2006, making it impossible for KSM to have even known of the bank's existence before 2003, never mind plotted against it.

from here
By netchicken: posted on 17-3-2007

Seems there is a great deal of skepticism out there.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's dramatic confessions before a US military hearing are beginning to backfire on the Bush administration. Legal experts are casting serious doubt about their validity as evidence, and human rights activists say they only illuminate a "sham process" of justice in the US war on terror, including the apparent use of torture on Mohammed and potentially dozens of other al-Qa'ida suspects.

Mohammed's claims to have been fully responsible for the 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington, the murder of Daniel Pearl, the 2002 Bali disco bombings and a host of lesser plots, both hatched and fully realised, were made public to great fanfare last week.....

http://news.independent.co....
By TUTUTKAMEN: posted on 19-3-2007

Am I the only person who thinks Khalid Shaikh Mohammed\'s confession is a load of bollocks? | [Login ]