NBC punts for the lowest common denominator

Home » Current events and news » NBC punts for the lowest common denominator

NBC punts for the lowest common denominator

Decides to take the money instead of principles by showing the Virginia Tech killer's tape and pictures.

Guess which media outlet will get the next rants from the next mass killer?

As they have shown how easily they would take the money in terms of publicity, and run instead of passing the details to the police, then they have set new lows in journalism integrity.

... Quote:
Former FBI agent Clint Van Zandt told Williams that the mailing was Cho's "ultimate victory. This is the way he's victimizing, further victimizing all of us, by reaching out from the grave and grabbing us and getting our attention and making us listen to his last rambling words and pictures."

Of course every news agency that repeated the information is just as culpable. However the initial decision was made for media attention despte weasal words about "trying to understand the motives of the killer". What bullshit.

http://www.washingtonpost.c...
By netchicken: posted on 20-4-2007

A psychiatrist says the same thing...

... Quote:
The videos of Seung-hui Cho, the man who fatally shot 32 people at Virginia Tech on Monday and then killed himself, shouldn't have been released because they don't offer the public any greater understanding of the gruesome crime, said Michael Welner, a forensic psychiatrist and ABC News consultant, on "Good Morning America" today.

"If anybody cares about the victims in Blacksburg and if anybody cares about their children, stop showing this video now. Take it off the Internet. Let it be relegated to YouTube," Welner said. "This is a social catastrophe. Showing the video is a social catastrophe."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/V...
By netchicken: posted on 20-4-2007

Man, I wholeheartedly agree!

After I heard about the shooting, I moved on and gave it a little time until they got an idea why he did it.

Then I turn on the computer the next day and they are continuing the psychoanalysis! Sheesh!

I think there is a reason it is happening.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 20-4-2007

I disagree as usual. In Blacksburrg there are probably 100,000 people that are offended due to their proximity to the act. In the rest of America there are 300 million people that wish to analyze this idiots motive so they can defend against them unlike the individuals in Blacksburg did. The idiot sent up signals that were ignored perhaps now communities shall pay more attention to the flags. Get over your weak sensitivities and expose yourselves to reality. This shit is not going to stop. Deal with it. Carry on. Those weak students want to take the rest of the year off. Horse shit. Tomorrow comes whether you want it to or not. Deal with it.
By TUTUTKAMEN: posted on 21-4-2007

NBC punts for the lowest common denominator | [Login ]