Iranians tried to take on Australians - and failed

Home » World Terrorism » Iranians tried to take on Australians - and failed

Iranians tried to take on Australians - and failed

Remember how that British patrol got kidnapped by Iran? Well before that episode they tried to kidnap the Australians. They didn't get far with it. I wonder what their "highly colorful language" was that they used to the Iranians?

Maybe the Australians have something to teach the british about self defence on the open seas?

Iranian naval forces in the Gulf tried to capture an Australian Navy boarding team but were vigorously repelled, the BBC has learned.

The incident took place before Iran successfully seized 15 British sailors and Marines in March.

The Australians, though, to quote one military source, "were having none of it".

The BBC has been told the Australians re-boarded the vessel they had just searched, aimed their machine guns at the approaching Iranians and warned them to back off, using what was said to be "highly colourful language".

The Iranians withdrew, and the Australians were reportedly lifted off the ship by one of their own helicopters.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/...
By netchicken: posted on 22-6-2007

haha, thats what I love about Australians, they havwe cojones. I really cant believe how badly the brits allowed themselves to be humiliated by Iran. I have also heard Iran is now dictating to britain what military hardware is kosher with them.

Well, I think the reason Americans and australians get along so well is because we are both groups of people britian didnt want. lol.
By Xphilesphan: posted on 22-6-2007

What are you saying, that we're all descendants of criminals, misfits, rogues and renegades?

I'll drink to that! :tu

I think maybe it has something to do with cultural evolution, too. Dhimmis aren't allowed to fight back if insulted or attacked by their Muslim superiors. Australians haven't accepted the role of dhimmitude, yet. They're probably more likely torespond in a style that would make Gen. Blackjack Pershing proud.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 23-6-2007

Hell not all Americans are from England. Some of us have come from fairer parts than "England" ! The Brits were pansy, I've said that before. To be captured is disgraceful and then paraded like they were is more disgraceful .
By IAF: posted on 23-6-2007

We Aussie do not take shit LOL i bet the Iranians thought this is going to be easy LOL i bet a few of them had to cange underwaer when they got back LOL

John

PS I'm from convict stock and proud of it

:sh :f :yak
By The Duke: posted on 24-6-2007

... Quote:
Originally posted by IAF
Hell not all Americans are from England. Some of us have come from fairer parts than "England" ! The Brits were pansy, I've said that before. To be captured is disgraceful and then paraded like they were is more disgraceful .

Agreed, and im not English, was just a generalization. Yes, the brits really turn my stomach with their justifications for such cowardice. "We have a professional army" and "we have a stiff upper lip" are some I have actually heard and made me want to laugh. No, you have a bunch of pansies in your armed forces. If they want, Im sure the US could train them. lol.
By Xphilesphan: posted on 24-6-2007

Iranians tried to take on Australians - and failed | [Login ]