New slime mold beetles names - Agathidium bushi, Agathidium cheneyi, and Agathidium rumsfeldi

Home » Bizarre world » New slime mold beetles names - Agathidium bushi, Agathidium cheneyi, and Agathidium rumsfeldi

New slime mold beetles names - Agathidium bushi, Agathidium cheneyi, and Agathidium rumsfeldi

Wow entomologist humor! They named slime mold beetles after politicians.

Agathidium bushi, Agathidium cheneyi, and Agathidium rumsfeldi are species of slime-mold beetles named after George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld, by two former Cornell entomologists, Dr Kelly B. Miller (now at Brigham Young University) and Dr Quentin D. Wheeler (now at the Natural History Museum).

According to Miller and Wheeler, the naming of the beetles (who were three of 65 species to be named) was done in homage to the political figures.

Other namesakes for species in this genus include Darth Vader, "who shares with A. vaderi a broad, shiny, helmetlike head" and Pocahontas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...
By netchicken: posted on 5-9-2007

For what it is worth, I believe that is very unprofessional and an abuse of position. I'm not at all impressed with irresponsible decesion-making on the part of these people.

I like Darth Vader.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 5-9-2007

... Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas_Crowne
For what it is worth, I believe that is very unprofessional and an abuse of position. I'm not at all impressed with irresponsible decision-making on the part of these people.

Ya well I say the same thing applies to Bush and his neo con cronies. And I agree with the scientists they are slime. :run

TuT
By TUTUTKAMEN: posted on 7-9-2007

Really? No way? You mean to tell me that you are still singing the same old tune? You mean that you are still so biased in your position that standard codes of etiquette still elludes you?

NO WAY!!

I would say the same thing if they were trying to do the same thing with Carter or the Billary team.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 7-9-2007

Not only am I singing it but people from Australia to the Ukraine are now. He and Cheney are the two most despised people in the world. And I do not discriminate both Bush and Clinton are criminals and NWO freaks.

And I would say that Bush's preemptive war on Third World Iraq and the subsequent displacement of some 2.5+ million Iraqi's and the genocide of 100,000 throws all standard codes of etiquette out the neo con door.

BTW very little eludes my scrutiny.

TuT

Ukrainian zoo names skunks Clinton and Bush
21:05 | 07/ 09/ 2007

Print version

KHARKOV, September 7 (RIA Novosti) - A zoo in Kharkov, Ukraine's second-largest city, has named the country's only pair of skunks after two U.S. presidents, Bush and Clinton, a spokesman for the zoo said Friday.

The skunks, known for their ability to excrete a foul-smelling odor when alarmed, are the last captive pair remaining in a Ukrainian zoo, the spokesman explained, adding that their names were chosen to reflect the species' geographic origin - North America.

http://en.rian.ru/world/200...

Bush has Sydney in stitches !!!!!!!!

[img] http://img.rian.ru/images/6... [/img]

The ongoing Sydney APEC talks saw the man who once said "My pro-life position is I believe there's life," and "I believe that the human being and the fish can peacefully co-exist," refer to APEC as OPEC, and to the Australian prime minister's visit to 'Austrian' troops in Iraq.

He also sauntered up to Condoleezza Rice at a state banquet to enquire of the U.S. Secretary of State "So, you gonna be my girl?" and wandered off-stage after his opening comments at the APEC forum in entirely the wrong direction. ...

http://en.rian.ru/world/200...

He is a dufus, an embarrassment to America and the office he was appointed to. He is the 'joke heard round the world'!!!!

TuT
By TUTUTKAMEN: posted on 8-9-2007

New slime mold beetles names - Agathidium bushi, Agathidium cheneyi, and Agathidium rumsfeldi | [Login ]