Man who may have been responsable for missing nuclear weapons mysteriously dies

Home » Military Technology / Videos » Man who may have been responsable for missing nuclear weapons mysteriously dies
More Military Articles

Man who may have been responsable for missing nuclear weapons mysteriously dies

One of the people who may have been in charge of the missing nuclear weapons has died while at home visiting his family
... Quote:
Authorities are investigating the death of a Minot Air Force Base airman who died while on leave in Virginia.

Base officials say 20-year-old Airman 1st Class Todd Blue died Monday while visiting family members in Wytheville, Virginia.

Blue enlisted in the Air Force in March of last year and joined the 5th Security Forces at Minot Air Force Base the following August.

Article here with good comments http://cryptogon.com/?p=1299

Digg.com have a very good discussion developing about the mysterious deaths of personel involved in this episode...

http://www.digg.com/politic...
By netchicken: posted on 17-9-2007

This strange story is moving along.

Now 6 of the people involved in the movement of the missiles have died, ostensibly by "accidents". However at least one death has occured in July when the accident was in August. Also with the huge population of the base such deaths might be in the statistically normal range.
... Quote:
Since the Minot story broke a week ago about the missing nukeclandestine operation from Minot, we have the following (for those who are paying attention):

1. All six people listed below are from Minot Airforce base
2. All were directly involved as loaders or as pilots
3. All are now dead
4. All within the last 7 days in 'accidents' [Not all of them --LRP]
http://www.legitgov.org/minot_afb_nukes_oddities.html
By netchicken: posted on 20-9-2007

That is what they do there, they deal with long range bombers and the bombs. Not surprising, as far as their jobs.
If it is a conspiracy to knock off people in reference to this botch, members of the security force would be whacked.

I looked at the links and none pointed a finger at any particular person being part of the screwed up mission. Considering the size of the pesonnel there, there is no reason to believe that all, or even half of the dead people were involved in the mission.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 22-9-2007

The Air Force has decided to relieve at least five of its officers of command and is considering filing criminal charges in connection with the Aug. 29 "Bent Spear" incident in which nuclear-armed cruise missiles were mistakenly flown from North Dakota to Louisiana, two senior Air Force officials said yesterday.

Although senior Defense Department officials have not been fully briefed on the results of an Air Force probe of the incident, the sources said that at least one colonel is expected to lose his position and that several enlisted personnel will also be punished as part disciplinary actions that could be among the toughest meted out by the Air Force in years....................

http://www.washingtonpost.c...
By TUTUTKAMEN: posted on 20-10-2007

It gets worse...

The Air Force said Friday it would punish 70 airmen involved in the accidental, cross-country flight of a nuclear-armed B-52 bomber following an investigation that found widespread disregard for the rules on handling such munitions.
... Quote:
There has been an erosion of adherence to weapons-handling standards at Minot Air Force Base and Barksdale Air Force Base
said Maj. Gen. Richard Newton, the Air Force deputy chief of staff for operations.

Newton was announcing the results of a six-week probe into the Aug. 29-30 incident in which the B-52 was inadvertently armed with six nuclear-tipped cruise missiles and flown from Minot in North Dakota to Barksdale in Louisiana without anyone noticing the mistake for more than a day.

More on the link
Air Combat Command: http://www.acc.af.mil
By netchicken: posted on 20-10-2007

This is not worse, Netty, this is better - much better.

The only way something as completely stupid and sloppy could have happened is from a laxness from the top down. A lot of people failed to follow procedures. I ranted on this over at DT, I believe, because it really pissed me off.

... Quote:
"Part of the reason is that after the end of the Cold War, and the disappearance of the Soviet nuclear threat, the nuclear career was not very sexy it was not the way to go if you wanted to" advance in the military. A shortage of people with the right skills, training and mentality followed, something the Air Force has worked to improve, he said.

What the heck was "sexy" about it? I don't recall it being one bit sexy. Boring, tedious and extremely by-the-book, with drills after drills after drills. "Sexy" was never a word that popped into our heads in regard to special weapons work. Pfft. That guy was obviously not around back then!
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 20-10-2007

Lol!
There was a time when one couldnt use the word "sexy" in pleasant company..today its just so ubiquitous.
By IAF: posted on 20-10-2007

Cosmopolitan did it.
Archie Bunker was so right on so many issues.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 21-10-2007

Ever see the TV series Jericho. The point is there is no such thing as Homeland Security it is just a 'pork barrel'. I point out the impending disaster occurring in the south east especially Atlanta where in a few months the water taps could be dry. And as far as I know there has been no Federal preparedness.
I still believe it is a case of 'Broken Arrow' !!!! How many trips were previously made and undiscovered and if so it would never be made public. Just food for thought.

TuT
By TUTUTKAMEN: posted on 23-10-2007

Man who may have been responsable for missing nuclear weapons mysteriously dies | [Login ]