Psycho bean picture and other optical illusions

Home » Amazing Pictures » Psycho bean picture and other optical illusions
More Amazing Pictures

Psycho bean picture and other optical illusions

This pic is not animated, its the strongest optical illusion I have ever seen of these types of pictures. Goodness knows why such an innocuous shape is so powerful.

psycho-bean-pic.gif - 133.99kb
By netchicken: posted on 30-9-2007

That is so crazy....made me a little queezy.
By Venus: posted on 2-10-2007

Here is another moving image. This one is quite novel.

Unfortunately its a big file size, but its great to see.

http://stuffucanuse.com/odds_and_sods/Blogpics/moving-image.jpg

moving-image-thumb.jpg - 11.84kb
By netchicken: posted on 16-11-2007

This is an optical illusion of a checkerboard pattern, look how the lines change when the extra elements are added to it.

optical-illusion.jpg - 15.13kb
By netchicken: posted on 21-1-2010

Another optical illusion. great colors...

optical_illusions_5.jpg - 116.14kb
By netchicken: posted on 26-1-2010

I love this optical illusion, its mesmerizing

optical_illusions_10.jpg - 131.68kb
By netchicken: posted on 26-1-2010

Yes, this one is moving, its still hypnotizing though ....

tumbler.gif - 453.61kb
By netchicken: posted on 19-3-2010

This is NOT a spiral. Trace one of the circles with your cursor and see. Yet even knowing doesn't change anything for me, it still looks like a spiral.

not-spiral-illusion.jpg - 119.5kb
By netchicken: posted on 5-4-2010

There are 4 perfect circles in this illusion. Don't believe it? Trace them with your finger.

circle-illlusion.jpg - 37.86kb
By netchicken: posted on 23-10-2010

Watch this great optical illusion. Sure its on a video, but once they show you how its done it still looks amazing.

By netchicken: posted on 25-10-2010

Stare at the + in the middle for about 20-30 seconds, and the purple dots should start to disappear, though you may still see the moving "green" dot that is the negative image your brain perceives when a purple dot disappears.

More on this illusion Here

Lilac-Chaser.gif - 79.19kb
By netchicken: posted on 25-10-2010

This illusion does work, and is very clever. As the instruction says, the further you are away the more the image looks like Marilyn Monroe. I noticed it working when the thumbnail image looked like Monroe, while the big sized image looked like Einstein.

Read more about it here http://museum.mit.edu/150/e...

... Quote:
Hybrid image is a unique technique that produces static images with two interpretations, which change as a function of viewing distance. Hybrid images are based on the multiscale processing of images by the human visual system and are motivated by studies about how the brain perceives the visual world.

These images can be used to create compelling displays in which the image’s interpretation changes as the viewing distance or the size of the image change.

Hybrid images can create displays where details become visible only when seen up-close, they can be used for generating photographs of people with two different facial expressions, for showing into one image two different scenes

einstein-or-monroe.png - 124.54kb
By netchicken: posted on 27-10-2010

You are coming under my power ....

http://stuffucanuse.com/odds_and_sods/Blogpics/dot-illusion.jpg
By netchicken: posted on 21-12-2010

Psycho bean picture and other optical illusions | [Login ]