South African World Cup Lottery 2010 scam

Home » Current events and news » South African World Cup Lottery 2010 scam

South African World Cup Lottery 2010 scam

Here is a new scam I havn't seen before, just got an email below. Link to why its a scam at the bottom.

I have seen the nigerian variant but not this south african one. From the article at the bottom come these facts.

Many if not most of the criminals running lottery scams and "classic" 419 scams from South Africa are Nigerians living in South Africa. These gangs are dangerous. There have kidnappings, murders and other violent crimes connected to South Africa-based 419 gangs.

People who never bought a ticket and never filled in a form with their name and address are told they won millions. If this was a real lottery, what's in it for the organizer?
... Quote:
Attention!!

Your email address has emerged as one of the winner in the SOUTH AFRICA WORLD CUP LOTTERY 2010 Sweepstake Award Promo. Prize attached is US$2.500, 000.00 with Reference number:ZAR/24514325/2010.Contact Mr Mike Cipo.Email: safa2010@di-ve.com, Tel:+ 27-73-926-1407, For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize

Congratulations!!!

Sincerely,
Mrs. Joy Charlotte
Promotions manager
World cup 2010
South Africa

More here
 http://www.joewein.de/sw/41...
By netchicken: posted on 13-10-2007

I just send all these people who send me messages like this; This message:

ATTN: This email is FRAUDULENT and has been reported to the FBI dept of financial and computer crimes at this address:

FBI New York
26 Federal Plaza, 23rd. Floor
New York, New York 10278-0004
(212) 384-1000
newyork.fbi.gov

A formal complaint has also been filed at the Internet Crime Complaint Center for phishing and for Spaming this account. http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

I never hear a peep out of them afterwards.
By IAF: posted on 13-10-2007

South African World Cup Lottery 2010 scam | [Login ]