Neil Boortz\' answer for stupidity

Home » Current events and news » Neil Boortz' answer for stupidity

Neil Boortz' answer for stupidity

Neil Boortz is a syndicated radio talk show host, based out of Atlanta, Georgia. While he is an hero to the secular libertarians of the U.S., he and I do not always agree. This article is one of the points where he and I will simply have to disagree. While I certainly understand what he is saying, and while I certainly feel his pain, his suggested solution is wholly unacceptable.
Click through and read the entire article and see what I find appalling, even if he is meaning it as a joke, which I hope is the case.
This article was written by a teenager and published in the school newspaper. This article closely parallels an monologue Neil had given over the air many years beforehand; there was no way the kid had heard it. When Neil heard about the school paper's plug being pulled by the school because of this article he had the kid on the show:

... Quote:
by Justin Jones
Published on: 10/23/07

For a millennium, the world has been plagued with stupid people corrupting society and bastardizing the value of life for all of mankind.

The intellectually handicapped have been reproducing at a substantially greater rate than those with a fully functional brain.

The problem of the unintelligent reproducing is, and has been, a serious threat to society that has gone unchecked for far too long. It is the responsibility of man to solve this problem before a reverse Darwinism takes effect.

It is depressing to think (especially at the high school age) that people with a high IQ are generally stereotyped as "geeks" or "nerds" because they choose to do more intellectually stimulating activities like homework, and reading, instead of those activities preferred by their peers like power lifting, full contact football without head protection, or crushing cans on one's head. So while the intelligent are exiled from the masses, the ignorant are cherished and embraced.

Due to the substantial amount of low IQ reproduction and relatively low amount of high IQ reproduction, the intelligent become fewer and farther between.

Since mankind obviously cannot control itself enough to make strides for the future, the populace spins into an out of control state of reverse Darwinism where the stupid people survive and the smart people perish.

Some form of action must be taken, one which can be governed effectively and immediately to pull a populace from a malevolent tailspin toward disaster

http://boortz.com/more/another_modest_proposal.html
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 24-10-2007

Neil Boortz\' answer for stupidity | [Login ]