Terrorism in New Zealand - Tuhoe madness

Home » Current events and news » Terrorism in New Zealand - Tuhoe madness

Terrorism in New Zealand - Tuhoe madness

Recently we have had the police in New Zealand conduct terrorist raids against armed Maori radicals conducting "terrorist" training camps deep in the Urewera forest.

Unfortunately the terrorist raids by the police were seen as a farce and lampooned the length of the country. All arrested terrorists were released on minor charges. Now however the police have unofficially released some documents outlining conversations from their wiretaps.

These quotes are from a 150 page document submitted to the courts by the police. Boy some people live in real fantasy worlds.

It does put a new light on matters and shows that the police had real fears of some stupid individuals causing trouble and death.
... Quote:
Suspect tells another it would be good to kill Pakeha to get trainees used to killing. Also suggests making their own tracer ammunition and using tungsten projectiles to go through a "cop vest" and through "his f...... mate".

Bug in vehicle, recorded April 6, 2007.
... Quote:
Get someone to assassinate the prime minister, the new one, next year's one. Just been in office five days, bang ... Yeah. John Key ... just drop a bomb ... Just wait till he visits somewhere and just blow them ... They won't even find you
Two suspects in bugged vehicle, August 17, 2007.
... Quote:
They want to start blowing shit up. You know, they want to blow up power plants, gas plants, Telecom, petrol f...... places and shit like that
Two suspects in bugged vehicle, June 23, 2007.
... Quote:
You know like the IRA in England ... it's gonna happen here ... I'm ready to die, mate. I'm gonna hurt this country, I've had a gutsful ... I wanna leave this planet making sure that I've done a f...... huge amount of harm to this country
Suspect recorded on bugged phone, May 26, 2006.
... Quote:
It'd have to be a, some sort of f......, sudden f......, because what it'll do, it'll come down on the thinking of the people, they'll think it's al Qaeda ... It's gotta be sudden and it's gotta be brutal."
Other suspect says: "Don't piss around with cities or doing the bush thing ... just go to Parliament
Two suspects in bugged vehicle, August 17, 2007.
... Quote:
I heard you talking about the napalm shit."
Response from unknown man: "I'll make some and bring some next time round, show everyone how to make it
Conversation in bugged vehicle, September 16, 2007.
... Quote:
No, I'm teaming up with the Maoris, we have to ... I'll come and see ya, I can't f...... take the white man on without the c...s ... I'm declaring war on this country
Bugged cellphone, May 22, 2007.
... Quote:
Tuhoe wouldn't have popular support for a bombing campaign in New Zealand."
Reply: "It would in Tuhoe though ... What about if we did a bombing campaign that blew up Waihopai spy base, power dams, gas facilities, TV stations and radios ... It's a strategy that's gonna be f...... urban warfare. We are training in the wrong place."
First speaker: "What's going to be the strategy?"
Reply: "Strategy will divide, will divide Aotearoa ... extreme violence and extreme f...... actions too
Two suspects in bugged vehicle, June 23, 2007.
... Quote:
I cut down all of my work, right down. Ah, I'm only focusing to go to war
Bugged suspect, April 26, 2007.
... Quote:
There's nothing in this country can stop you once you got it, you can kill anybody you want. They'll never be able to find you
Suspect talking in bugged vehicle about asking for sniper's rifle, August 16, 2007.
... Quote:
Wait till bullets start going through people, that's f...... horrible ... Wait till your mate's head gets blown off because someone dobbed us in and we get f...... shot at
Suspect in bugged sleeping room, June 23, 2007.
... Quote:
There's about 10 manuals ... There's the al Qaeda manual and that's f...... good. That's right up to date."
Later another suspect says: "That last exercise was a bit freaky for me, having a gun in my back."
Response: "High level of secrecy, we needed, you know, we need to test people
Bugged training camp room, June 23, 2007.

... Quote:
Suspect X tells Suspect Y he is tired of playing games. Suspect Y says they need good planning so they don't die on the first day. Both worry about the enemy within their ranks and talk about needing 20 small squads, such as in Iraq, carrying out their own missions.
Bugged vehicle, April 4, 2007.

http://stuff.co.nz/4272185a...

RUATOKI October 15: A police officer in riot gear mans a roadblock. Seventeen people were arrested in raids across the country.

police-raid.jpg - 36.77kb
By netchicken: posted on 14-11-2007

This is the timeline of the police surveillance. Indeed there were some concerning situations...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/domi...

Here is a picture of our most popular and photogenic terrorist, and suprisingly short little guy called Tama Iti.

Also appearing in court were Tame Iti and Jamie Lockett, who are facing arms charges and waiting to hear if they will face terror charges.

Supporters from across the country turned out for the hearing, staging a rowdy protest outside and clapping loudly in court.

The loudest support was for Iti. Smartly attired in what looked like new dress trousers and shirt, he drew calls of "kia kaha" - be strong - from the gallery.

tama-iti.jpg - 34.03kb
By netchicken: posted on 14-11-2007

Holy CRAP!

Those people are obviously a bit unhappy with the country! The conversations recorded were some serious stuff.

Why are they so mad at New Zealand? Is it because the honkies came and took over?

Stupid cracker-heads. Kill Whitey!!!

Wait a second....I am Whitey.

Nevermind the whole killing Whitey thing. Bad idea.

So, why are they mad?
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 14-11-2007

They have always been mad (angry). Mind you we are not talking about a movement, just a few <100 people who feel that the world owes them a living.

Some of their own people are embarrassed by their actions.

Personally I think if you get some pseudo military wannabees and isolate them in the bush then they start acting out fantasies like these.

One person said on TV that they were only having these camps, with napalm and guns and molotov cocktails, so that they could act as 'bodyguards' for their families when the "trouble" comes.

Its just fantasy, isolated, angry, disenfranchised people with too much time on their hands and too many drugs.

Here they are marching on the Government protesting that they got caught up in the raids.... Everyone is a victim. Some of the protesters are masters at attaining a victim status and milking it for all they can.

Hundreds of disgruntled Tuhoe swarmed around central Wellington to vent their anger at the Government and police behaviour during the Urewera terror raids.

http://stuff.co.nz/4273328a...

Face of a Tuhoe protester

tuhoe-protester.jpg - 24.05kb
By netchicken: posted on 15-11-2007

I saw a Maori movie once called "Once we were Warriors" . Nothing to do with anti-government thing but it did show a lot of gang and domestic violence these people are exposed to. The underside of NZ i would imagine.

I think with recent growth spurts in Australia and NZ these kind of groups will feel more and more isolated as they are left behind.
By IAF: posted on 15-11-2007

Interesting documentary on the terrorism situation with some good photos.

I love the claims that it was "traditional hunting". With molotov cocktails and naphalm?

What we have are a few people, in dozens, who are unable to make their way in the world. The only avenue they have for income is to force the government to give it to them using their "rights" as a weapon. The people who get the publicity are a very small proportion of the total population.

Its manufacturing dissent and strife in order to gain what they cannot have legitimately.
By netchicken: posted on 5-12-2007

Terrorism in New Zealand - Tuhoe madness | [Login ]