Are Islamics truely crazy imprisoning a teacher for naming a bear?

Home » World events & politics » Are Islamics truely crazy imprisoning a teacher for naming a bear?

Are Islamics truely crazy imprisoning a teacher for naming a bear?

Yet another public world wide example of the intolerant rigid and just plain stupid actions done in the name of Islam.

Recently there has been the case in the Sudan where a nice mumsy looking British primary teacher has been on trial for allowing her STUDENTS to call a teddy bear "Mohammed".

Not to mention that 1/2 of the boys in her class are probably called that name.

Apparently its such a huge insult that she may have been whipped as well. I guess we are lucky that Islam is so tolerant that she only gets 15 days in jail.

She should have changed its name to Jesus.

... Quote:
A British teacher accused of insulting Muslims after her class called a teddy bear Mohammad was found guilty and jailed for 15 days, a defence lawyer has said.

Gillian Gibbons, 54, was ordered to be deported after she had completed her sentence.

"She was found guilty of insulting religion and the sentence is 15 days (in jail) and deportation," defence lawyer Ali Ajib said after the trial in a Khartoum courtroom, which lasted less than a day.

http://stuff.co.nz/4298546a...

teddy-bear-teacher.jpg - 17.17kb
By netchicken: posted on 30-11-2007

The religion of peace is at it again...

Thousands of knife-wielding protesters took to the streets of Khartoum to demand her execution. AP reported about 10,000 attended the protest outside the presidential palace in Khartoum's Martyr's Square, demanding the teacher, who is from Liverpool, be killed by firing squad. The rally was held after Friday prayers.

Pick-up trucks carrying Sudanese demonstrators drove around the capital blaring out messages to Gibbons.

Protesters shouted: "No tolerance: execution" and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad".

Hundreds of riot police were deployed to the protests in Martyr's Square, but they did not try to stop the rally.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/s...
By netchicken: posted on 1-12-2007

As crazy as it sounds this case is almost a blessing. I'm hearing people "around the water cooler" talking about it. People that normally have no clue how the religion of peace really is. This is certainly opening some eyes. A perfect example of how intolerant they are and how radical and dangerous they can be.

I am praying for this womans safe return home and I think you are on to something when you said "she should have named the bear Jesus".
By Venus: posted on 1-12-2007

Islam is a prime example how one person can screw up the world for generations to come by planting absurd ideas into feeble minds.
By IAF: posted on 1-12-2007

Actually I don't see it as a fault of Islam in itself. I have met some very beneviolent Muslims.

This is a factor of the rigid, social structure and ignorance of people in the Arab based societies, who exist on the words of their religious leaders over common sence.

Still its all grist for the mill in making people wake up to the sort of societies and mentalities that are starting to infect the west.
By netchicken: posted on 1-12-2007

The teacher has been allowed to return to England.

Fuss over, but yet again another stain on Islam.

The answer would have been to behead the teddy bear, that would have satisfied everyone.

http://news.independent.co....
By netchicken: posted on 4-12-2007

i dont know
By ram: posted on 6-1-2008

Are Islamics truely crazy imprisoning a teacher for naming a bear? | [Login ]