Whats the relationship between human hair selling and your pizza?

Home » Bizarre world » Whats the relationship between human hair selling and your pizza?

Whats the relationship between human hair selling and your pizza?

Human hair is an ingredient in pizza dough. The story of a human hair baron. Facinating, big yuck value..

FLORIDA CITY, Fla. — Walking into the small Florida City warehouse, Blair Blacker pauses to survey the towering pyramid of canvas bundles, each about the size of a punching bag, that contain the stock-in-trade of his business: human hair.

About 15 tons of it on a recent day, imported from China, neatly pressed into mats and ready to ship to farmers and nursery growers who swear by the horticultural benefits of Blacker's hairy wares.

"If you had told me when I was flying combat helicopters in Vietnam that one day I'd be sitting on 30,000 pounds of human hair," said Blacker, a retired Army colonel-turned-entrepreneur, "I'd have said you were crazy."

The mats stored in southern Miami-Dade County are part of a world marketplace for human hair. Uses range from the obvious, such as false eyelashes and wigs, to the more obscure: it's a common raw-material source for l-cysteine, an amino acid frequently used in baked goods such as pizza dough and bagels.

China and India exported more than $154 million worth of human hair last year, according to United Nations trade statistics. They are Blacker's main suppliers.

Much more on the site
 http://www.foxnews.com/stor...

hair-seller.jpg - 26.71kb
By netchicken: posted on 8-1-2008

I saw that a couple days ago. I wasn't going to post it, didn't want to ruin anyone's appetite! :tongue

You know, what amazed me is that we can't even produce our own hair in this country - we have to buy EVERYTHING from the Chinese.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 9-1-2008

Whats the relationship between human hair selling and your pizza? | [Login ]