Muslims Against Sharia

Home » Middle East conflict » Muslims Against Sharia

Muslims Against Sharia

A writer made a post today at http://www.stopsharialaw.net and I can't tell you how happy I was to read it.
I have said that I see no way that Islam can be reformed, otherwise it would not be Islam, that to go against the writings of the original documentation of a religion renders void the belief in the religion. The people of Muslims Against Sharia seem to be disagreeing with me. All I can say is that I wish them all the success in the world!

Here is the link to their website; pass it around, let others know there is hope, and definitely pass it to your Muslim friends, neighbors and coworkers as these people need all the help they can get!

www.reformislam.org/

... Quote:
to educate Muslims about dangers presented by Islamic religious texts and why Islam must be reformed
to educate non-Muslims about the differences between moderate Muslims and Islamists (a.k.a. Islamic Religious Fanatics, Radical Muslims, Muslim Fundamentalists, Islamic Extremists or Islamofascists)
to educate both Muslims and non-Muslims alike that Moderate Muslims are also targets of Islamic Terror

Here is but a portion of their manifesto:

... Quote:
Accepting responsibilities
To start the healing process, we must acknowledge evils done by Muslims in the name of Islam and accept responsibility for those evils. We must remove evil passages from Islamic religious texts, so that future generations of Muslims will not be confused by conflicting messages. Our religious message should be loud and clear: Islam is peace; Islam is love; Islam is light. War, murder, violence, divisiveness & discrimination are not Islamic values.

Religious privacy
Religion is the private matter of every individual. Any person should be able to freely practice any religion as long as the practice does not interfere with the local laws, and no person must be forced to practice any religion. Just as people are created equal, there is no one religion that is superior to another. Any set of beliefs that is spread by force is fundamentally immoral; it is no longer a religion, but a political ideology.

Equality
Islam is one of the many of the world's religions. There will be no Peace and Harmony in the World if Muslims and non-Muslims do not have equal rights. Islamic supremacy doctrine is just as repulsive as Aryan supremacy doctrine. History clearly shows what happens to the society whose members consider themselves above other peoples. All moderate Muslims must repudiate the mere notion of Islamic supremacy.

Sharia
Sharia Law must be abolished, because it is incompatible with norms of modern society.

Outdated practices
Any practices that might have been acceptable in the Seventh Century; i.e., stoning, cutting off body parts, marrying and/or having sex with children or animals, must be condemned by every Muslim.

All I know to do in the way of helping these folks is to let others know, so here is the link once again:

www.reformislam.org/
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 12-1-2008

Muslims Against Sharia | [Login ]