Heroes fighting monsters

Home » Middle East conflict » Heroes fighting monsters

Heroes fighting monsters

In the West, our teachers and counselors have to deal with horrendous issues like teen pregnancy, fights in the hallways, poor grades and students dropping out.
In Israel, teachers have to deal with terrorists trying to kill them during meetings.

... Quote:
Elyakim Kovatch, a 10th-grade counselor at the Mekor Haim yeshiva in Kfar Etzion, says he does not remember the sound of shots from his gun, which killed the two terrorists who broke into the institution Thursday evening. "In my memory, the incident is like a silent movie," he said Friday.

Kovatch described the attack, which came after six counselors gathered at 9:30 P.M. for a meeting in the small room of the yeshiva's library, along with the principal of the boarding school, Shmueli Greenberg.

"About three quarters of an hour later, two figures entered the room. They looked like security guards. In the first few seconds they didn't look suspicious to us. Greenberg even managed to greet them with 'Good evening,' and then they came closer, to a distance of about two meters, pulled out knives and a handgun, and in Arabic-accented Hebrew said: 'Everyone stand back in a line.'
Advertisement

"At this stage, I still thought this was a joke. Only when I saw the counselor Rafael Singer draw a weapon, I got that it's real. The two terrorists jumped on Singer and stabbed him in the chest. I moved a little backward. It was all a matter of seconds. I loaded a clip in the gun, waited for there to be some distance between Singer and the terrorists, and shot one of them, who was wrestling with him," Kovatch said.

Of course, the monster side would have been praising allah for the deaths of the enemy, but Elyakim Kovatch was grateful the children weren't hurt:
... Quote:
Kovatch played down his role. "The real miracle was that someone from above directed the terrorists to the library, where there were people trained to operate weapons, and not to the area nearby, where there were many pupils. Without the courage of Singer, Greenberg and the other counselors, we would not have finished the incident in this manner. It was everyone's heroism and initiative," he said.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 28-1-2008

Wow that woud be a shock. What suprises me is how inept the terrorists were. That guy had a great presence of mind in waiting for his chance, thats the great benefit of having everyone in your country in the army.
By netchicken: posted on 29-1-2008

From what I have read, the jihadists are very emotional and lack the control and discipline to be as effective as they would like to be. Blind hatred is just that - blinding. I'd say that this is a perfect example of how the appreciation for the gift of life, coupled with good military training as you pointed out, is better than the culture of death.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 29-1-2008

Even the funeral of the Palastinians wasn't without protests.

An Israeli soldier holds his tear-gas canister launcher during minor clashes with Palestinian stone-throwers, not seen, that erupted during the funeral of Mohammed and Mahmoud Sabarneh, both 23, in the West Bank village of Beit Ummar near the city of Hebron, Friday Feb. 1, 2008.

The Palestinian cousins infiltrated the nearby Israeli settlement of Kfar Etzion late Jan. 25, in an apparent attempt according to the Israeli police to kidnap Jewish seminary students there, stabbing three students before instructors at the institution shot them dead.

funeral-riot.jpg - 33.59kb
By netchicken: posted on 3-2-2008

Heroes fighting monsters | [Login ]