South Korea\'s new XK-2 MBT submersible tank

Home » Military Technology / Videos » South Korea's new XK-2 MBT submersible tank
More Military Articles

South Korea's new XK-2 MBT submersible tank

Are these people insane? What happens if they meet a hole deeper than the turret? Or a sniper or RPG takes out the Commander? He would be a sitting duck in the middle of the river in that tower. I wouldn't like to be the driver in the bottom of the tank.

South Korea's new XK-2 MBT submersible tank crosses a river during a test run coinciding with a military drill in Yeoju on February 14, 2008.

South Korea and US troops are due to stage on March 2 to 7 a joint military exercise codenamed "Key Resolve", replacing the annual Reception, Staging, Onward Movement and Integration joint exercise.

It will be the first joint drill to test Seoul's ability to wage war under a scenario in which South Korea has regained wartime control of its troops from the US. AFP PHOTO/KIM JAE-HWAN

korean-tank-2.jpg - 22.01kb
By netchicken: posted on 15-2-2008

Here is another view of it. Looks a very precarious situation to me.

I remember reading about the British submersible tanks that were destroyed by just blocking the snorkel, when they were under water.

korean-tank.jpg - 30.97kb

At around 1:30 you can see a Leopard tank with similar turret underwater as well. Also after that you can see the waterproof systems at work. Its an interesting video.

....*sarcastically* oh,no. With the constantly changing tides, waters, and stuff in the water I'm sure we're in danger...especially when teh shot misses a fish and hits the ground where the water rises.
By dnavarre: posted on 17-2-2008

South Korea\'s new XK-2 MBT submersible tank | [Login ]