The greatest geek tombstone

Home » Amazing Pictures » The greatest geek tombstone
More Amazing Pictures

The greatest geek tombstone

This tombstone is the greatest geek epitaph I have seen.

geek-tombstone.jpg - 41.84kb
By netchicken: posted on 15-2-2008

why does it say that he "lagged" out, rather than "logged out"? Is it a geek word?
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 16-2-2008

I wondered that as well, I thought it just might be a typo ...

However sticking it into google showed that "lagged out" was a real term. According to encarta it means "affected by exhaustion".

I think it means that your connection goes so slow (lagging) that it stops.

"Conenction reset by peer" sounds like he might have been murdered. But according to Microsoft its what happens when your totally "lagged out" no information is sent and you lose your connection.
By netchicken: posted on 16-2-2008

'lagged' is when, in an online game, your comuter's internet connection slows, slowing the game....such as playing Call of Duty 4 online and your connection goes dead for a mere moment and you get shot, then your connection comes back. You didn't see yourself get shot and you appear where you would have been if you had not lagged....umm lag is the word.

Lagging out is where you lose your online connection and you have no means of staying in an online game, therefore being dropped from it.
By dnavarre: posted on 17-2-2008

Connection reset simply means his online connection (to Earth/universe?) was reset (turned off and put back up) by peer is God.

His life/connection on Earth was reset/taken off and put up on Heaven by his peer/god
By dnavarre: posted on 17-2-2008

Thanks, dnavarre, I now get it!
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 17-2-2008

Thanks to all the viewers from Stumbleupon!!!

Over 13500 in the last 24 hours!

If you becomce members the board looks much nicer :)
By netchicken: posted on 13-3-2008

um. i dont wanna...be rude, but this is definitely photoshopped...
and lag is almost none of those things.

i correct that, it ALMOST is, all of them.

its when your connection experiences data loss in fragments that cause spikes in your ping(ping being the delay between you and the server, spiked being irregularities in said delay)

like i said, no rudeness intended.
By skwerley: posted on 16-3-2008

Good point :)
I never considered that it might be p'shopped, but looking at the font and the bevel on it its definitely fake :)
By netchicken: posted on 16-3-2008

New gravestone!

Real or Photoshop (after the last one I am going to wait and see)

graves60.jpg - 60.33kb
By netchicken: posted on 21-8-2008

The greatest geek tombstone | [Login ]