Boston Dynamics- 4 legged robot unveiled - spooky

Home » Science & Technology » Boston Dynamics- 4 legged robot unveiled - spooky

Boston Dynamics- 4 legged robot unveiled - spooky

There is something about this 4 legged robot that just doesn't feel right, maybe its the lack of a head, or the uncanny way it picks over the ground. But its a fascinating robot none the less.

I think as soon as they solve the power issue it's going to be silent, carry 2000 lbs and be able to run like a horse. Never mind the crazy offspring the technology is sure to spawn.

4-legged-robot.jpg - 7.45kb
By netchicken: posted on 18-3-2008

That is absolutely insane!!

Truly remarkable feat of engineering. Hats off to the guys who built this.

Being a child of DARPA I can imagine the maniacs at DARPA coming up with hundreds of scenarios where this can be employed. Anything from mere scouting enemy terrain to strapping a machine gun on and going postal.

I would however like to see this thing roam MARS, Titan, Venus, etc.
By IAF: posted on 19-3-2008

I started anthropomorphisizing when the guy kicked it in the side on the ice. The little robot struggled just like any animal to stay upright.

Spooky ...
By netchicken: posted on 19-3-2008

I don't know about anyone else, but the first thought that popped into my head was that it'd be cool to ride it. It's an incredibly stable mechanical horse, and they've already tested it with a 300 pound payload. Who knows, it might even be the electric car of the future, or maybe the moped. =]
By peregrine: posted on 1-8-2008

Boston Dynamics- 4 legged robot unveiled - spooky | [Login ]