Be careful when you take your grandfather to hospital, you might get the wrong grandfather back

Home » Bizarre world » Be careful when you take your grandfather to hospital, you might get the wrong grandfather back

Be careful when you take your grandfather to hospital, you might get the wrong grandfather back

Whats the worst thing that could happen when you take your grandfather to hospital? Getting the wrong one back again.

Certainly grandfathers are difficult to ID sometimes, they all look the same and make the same demands, but now a hospital in LA has been found to have accidentally switched two around and given the wrong grandfather back to unsuspecting children.

The solution would be to have your grandfather's name tattooed on the forehead before taking him to hospital.

Otherwise if you grandfather gets lost, ask the hospital for compensation and another grandfather as a replacement.

LOS ANGELES—In yet another disturbing case of hospital negligence, two elderly grandfathers were accidentally switched at the Cedar-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and sent home with the wrong families, sources reported Monday.

Authorities have launched an investigation to determine how 89-year-old World War II veteran Samuel Kaminski was released to Walter Crowley's family, while Crowley, 86, was sent to Kaminski's home.

Cedar-Sinai administrators said the mistake was discovered when Crowley was brought to the hospital for a routine checkup and doctors realized he had shrunk five inches since his last appointment, nearly six months prior.

From here
By netchicken: posted on 14-4-2008

I don't get it, how does the family not realize that's not their grandpa? I mean is the guy's face missing or something? Doesn't the grandpa talk? If anything I'd blame the famliy for being so ignorant of fellow family members.
By mg.mikael: posted on 7-11-2009

Be careful when you take your grandfather to hospital, you might get the wrong grandfather back | [Login ]