BBC gets unflattering picture of Bush on its home page - funny

Home » Amazing Pictures » BBC gets unflattering picture of Bush on its home page - funny
More Amazing Pictures

BBC gets unflattering picture of Bush on its home page - funny

The BBC used a funny picture of George Bush acting confused on its front page. I think Bush must have been fooling around to make a face like this. You can't underestimate his humor. WMD? Are they under the chair??

Comments and rants on the picture http://reddit.com/info/6g4n...

Apparently some people thought it was disrespectful! Others saw the humorous side of it.
... Quote:
Interestingly, that's also commercial use of a press image, and using the likeness of a person for promoting a product.

Along with inferring that mr Bush is a 'knobhead', as they'd say on this side of the pond. All of which are frowned upon under defamation law (in this case, libel). If Bush wanted, he could get a bundle of cash off the BBC.

Of course, if he did try to sue, the Beeb would have a field-day, as they'd have to try and PROVE that he's an idiot. Awesome.

bush-confused.jpg - 43.52kb
By netchicken: posted on 18-4-2008

No the BBC just showed how immature they really are. Bush could have easily got Brown on the phone and asked him to remove it as the BBC is a state funded institution in the UK. That would be a diplomatic incident but I doubt he cares about being made fun out of. People have done so to his face.

Anyway the picture in question was taken in China when he was giving a press conference there. He tried to leave the room but the door was locked. Thus, the expression of mock astonishment. He was in his own crude way trying to make a joke about Chinese communists and their closed doors. But it was lost on those waiting for a guffaw.
By IAF: posted on 18-4-2008

I think maybe some are taking it a bit too seriously.
Shrub has as much fun with himself as others do. That opens the door for others to have a bit of fun, too.

The Shrub is a sport, and nobody can deny that. While I have scratched my head in bewilderment because of him on more than just a few occasions, I Still think he'd be a good neighbor and fishing buddy.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 18-4-2008

Bush is what happens when you put the average american behind the wheel of the U.S., and as luck would happen there was an attack on U.S. soil. Heck, who in the world wasn't screaming for blood when they saw the towers fall?

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty". JFK Quote
By peregrine: posted on 16-6-2009

With the passing of time and responsibility, I can see how some of his actions were sometimes meant to be humorous - such as this one. However at the time the force of emotion over events saw him painted in the worst possible light by some people.

I have to say that Obama is like finally having an adult in charge of the Whitehouse, its a breath of fresh air.
By netchicken: posted on 16-6-2009

... Quote:
Originally posted by netchicken
With the passing of time and responsibility, I can see how some of his actions were sometimes meant to be humorous - such as this one. However at the time the force of emotion over events saw him painted in the worst possible light by some people.

I have to say that Obama is like finally having an adult in charge of the Whitehouse, its a breath of fresh air.

Hate to break it to you, but Obama is just another Bush, with perhaps a few kooky environmental laws he's trying to push such as a ceiling of 55 mph on all highways.
By peregrine: posted on 17-6-2009

BBC gets unflattering picture of Bush on its home page - funny | [Login ]