Pentagon tell 60 minutes their ray gun didn\'t kill - they lied - its lethal

Home » Military Technology / Videos » Pentagon tell 60 minutes their ray gun didn't kill - they lied - its lethal
More Military Articles

Pentagon tell 60 minutes their ray gun didn't kill - they lied - its lethal

Back in 2003 the Pentagon developed a microwave gun that was operational and could kill. However according to a person involved with the projct at the time the Ray Gun had a major political correctness problem.

A weapon that can instantly kill entire battalions is not a weapon the politicians believed the American people could accept. A facinating read ....

The Ray Gun was designed as a lethal weapon. Dead animals can’t speak, but if a goat or 500 pound cow can be killed almost instantly with the Ray Gun, then I believe most readers can safely assume a 175 pound man or woman could also die instantly from the intense heat.

http://frontpagemagazine.co...
By netchicken: posted on 2-5-2008

Is it just me or does that weapon sound too horrible to employ?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a gunshot wound would be a lovely thing to endure, it's just that a ray gun smoking a batalion at one time seems awefully hideous.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 3-5-2008

This is just sad, with the advent of nuclear weapons, this kind of weapon is just needless barbarity. Like chemical or biological weapons. . I feel sorry for the engineers and the people who came up with this. To employ all of their genius to create something so hideous . Its like fathering a monster. Then the proceed to tame it to justify its existence. One delusion over another. :(

I say this because just after the tests of the first nuclear weapon, the scientists who worked on the manhattan project had faces of utter shock and terror. They couldnt believe what they created literally. Thus, the quote the famous quote from the Hindu scripture Bagavad Gita "I become Death, the destroyer of worlds". Thought this is nothing as disastrous I would imagine this would invoke similar sentiments.
By IAF: posted on 3-5-2008

Pentagon tell 60 minutes their ray gun didn\'t kill - they lied - its lethal | [Login ]