Guy killed by helicopter while getting the mail

Home » Bizarre world » Guy killed by helicopter while getting the mail

Guy killed by helicopter while getting the mail

People use it as an argument against listening to Ipods!

Moral: Don't listen to your Ipod when walking to check the mailbox, just in case you are the target for a crashing helicopter.

VANCOUVER -- The death of a pedestrian in Cranbrook, B.C., on Tuesday has raised the question of how loud is too loud when it comes to listening to iPods and other personal music players.

Isaiah Otieno, a 23-year-old student, was killed when he was struck and dragged by a helicopter that crashed to the ground as he was walking to the mailbox.

Eyewitnesses reported that Mr. Otieno seemed completely unaware that he was in danger and a friend told reporters that he often listened to music through earbuds (in-ear headphones) with the hood of his sweatshirt pulled up over his head.

Concern over safe use of headphones is growing. Last year, Carl Kruger, a Democratic state senator from New York proposed a bill to ban the use of iPods and other electronic devices while crossing the street.

More babble on the site
 http://www.theglobeandmail....
By netchicken: posted on 16-5-2008

When you live in a big city like NY. Ipod is not merely an accessory. As one of the few people who doesnt use one, I tend to actually feel out of place because of the ubiquity of the device . It almost as if they were given away freely or there is some sort of epidemic hearing impairment!

I wonder what drives these people to multi task so badly. The sounds of this world cant be so terrible as to enforce such auditory exile upon themselves. It nothing more than pathological behavior.
By IAF: posted on 16-5-2008

A few days back was the first time I even held an ipod :tongue

Just goes to show how far out of the loop I am. Hoever it doesn't interest me that much as I find listening to music generally somewhat boring. I tend to try and listen to the lyrics too much and get disapointed in them.
By netchicken: posted on 16-5-2008

My son can't function without his. I find it terribly annoying and have fought back the urge to slap him upside the head when I speak to him and he doesn't hear me.
By Venus: posted on 17-5-2008

LOL.

Its one of those fads like ripped jeans, except this makes you deaf too!
By IAF: posted on 17-5-2008

Well .. we all had walkmans remember :)

Here is a song I really love for the lyrics ..

http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com...
By netchicken: posted on 17-5-2008

On the same line....

Several years ago an MP car (MP=Military Police) came to a "T" intersection. The MP looked left, looked right, looked left again and pulled out. Just as he cleared the intersection, a helicopter crash-landed where he had been.

It became a joke to look left, right and up!
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 17-5-2008

Guy killed by helicopter while getting the mail | [Login ]