Heartbreaking story of a feral child found in America

Home » Current events and news » Heartbreaking story of a feral child found in America

Heartbreaking story of a feral child found in America

Disturbing article about the a young girl trapped in her room her entire life. ...

The doctors and social workers had no way of knowing all that had happened to Danielle. But the scene at the house, along with Danielle's almost comatose condition, led them to believe she had never been cared for beyond basic sustenance. Hard as it was to imagine, they doubted she had ever been taken out in the sun, sung to sleep, even hugged or held. She was fragile and beautiful, but whatever makes a person human seemed somehow missing.

Just before noon on July 13, 2005, a Plant City police car pulled up outside that shattered window. Two officers went into the house and one stumbled back out.

Clutching his stomach, the rookie retched in the weeds.

Plant City Detective Mark Holste had been on the force for 18 years when he and his young partner were sent to the house on Old Sydney Road to stand by during a child abuse investigation. Someone had finally called the police.

They found a car parked outside. The driver's door was open and a woman was slumped over in her seat, sobbing. She was an investigator for the Florida Department of Children and Families.

"Unbelievable," she told Holste. "The worst I've ever seen."

The police officers walked through the front door, into a cramped living room.

"I've been in rooms with bodies rotting there for a week and it never stunk that bad," Holste said later. "There's just no way to describe it. Urine and feces dog, cat and human excrement smeared on the walls, mashed into the carpet. Everything dank and rotting."

http://www.tampabay.com/fea...
By netchicken: posted on 5-8-2008

All I could do while reading the story is think, "My G-d, my G-d, please come back soon and end all of this misery!"
I continued to read the story, though. My prayer changed. I gave thanks to Him for His servants Bernie and Diane, who took the little girl into their lives and gave her what she would have otherwise not have had.
Still, I pray that He come back soon.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 5-8-2008

Heartbreaking story of a feral child found in America | [Login ]