Foreclosed Californian homes getting cleaned out by professional crews

Home » Current events and news » Foreclosed Californian homes getting cleaned out by professional crews

Foreclosed Californian homes getting cleaned out by professional crews

Amazing, people are walking out of their homes and leaving their possessions behind.

The banks hire teams who go in and clean all the stuff out. They clean out 15 homes a day! What happens to it all? It gets buried in landfills. Such a criminal waste of good products.

What is it with all the plastic plants in their house? Don't tell me its considered stylish?

Very good comments on reddit about how hard it is now to sell second hand goods. It seems with so many people selling their stuff its easier just to walk out and leave it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF...

people-abandon-homes.jpg - 15.99kb
By netchicken: posted on 4-10-2008

The question I am left with is where are all these people who have walked out? With communities having nearly every 2nd home vacant, that's a lot of transient people somewhere.
By netchicken: posted on 4-10-2008

It blows my mind, how expensive it is to live in California. Venus has told me how much rents, mortgages, utility bills, etc., are out there. It is crazy!

I am so happy to live in Alabama where bills are low and the Gulf of Mexico is very close (but not so close as to create an hurricane danger).
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 4-10-2008

Excellent!
Let me know and I will try and swing down there.
My son and I are headed to PCB to dive today. It is a good place to dive but sucks as a beach hangout. MTV ruined it. Highrises and drunk kids litter what used to be beautiful scenery.
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 5-10-2008

We stay here and struggle because of family. We didn't get involved in the first time buyer programs or what is now the subprime fiasco. We pay rent.

Some day we will have no reason to stay and move on.

That video was very sad and I can't imagine a situation where I would leave everything behind and just walk out. I've never been in that situation so it's kinda hard to imagine what it's like. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Another thing I hear people are leaving behind are their pets. To me that is far worse than personal possessions.
By Venus: posted on 5-10-2008

Foreclosed Californian homes getting cleaned out by professional crews | [Login ]