Man set fire to house after using blow torch to remove spiderwebs

      Home » Bizarre world » Man set fire to house after using blow torch to remove spiderwebs

Man set fire to house after using blow torch to remove spiderwebs

Never use a blow torch to remove cobwebs.
A single-story home in Sargent was damaged by fire Wednesday morning after the homeowner accidentally set the fire while cleaning cobwebs from the eaves around the exterior of the residence with a blow torch.

According to Coweta Fire Investigator James Gantt -- Galen Winchell was admittedly torching cobwebs when he noticed smoke coming from his home.

When firefighters arrived they reported heavy smoke coming from the attic. The response was hampered until the power company got to the scene to disconnect the power, which ran through the attic of the home.

Family members and neighbors looked on with emotion while firefighters worked diligently to save the residence.

The fire was contained to one end of the house, however there was water damage and smoke damage throughout.

Gantt advised against using a blow torch to rid a home of cobwebs.

 http://www.times-herald.com...

cobwebs-with-blowtorch.jpg - 14.03kb
By netchicken: posted on 7-11-2008

Title is not entirely correct.
It should have read, "Moron sets fire to house after using blow torch to remove spiderwebs"
By Thomas_Crowne: posted on 8-11-2008








Man set fire to house after using blow torch to remove spiderwebs | [Login ]
Powered by XMB
Privacy Policy