Hamas legal advisor says Hamas rockets don\'t even have warheads

Home » Middle East conflict » Hamas legal advisor says Hamas rockets don't even have warheads

Hamas legal advisor says Hamas rockets don't even have warheads

Whats next? They are full of feathers as well?

This news exchange is a must view, for the comedy factor if nothing else. Fox News anchor Greg Jarrett has an interesting exchange with Diana Buttu, a Palestinian Legal Advisor, about the fighting between Israel and Hamas.

By netchicken: posted on 3-1-2009

So, is there any proof to her words about the empty warheads, or the targetting of civil buildings?

The way the fox news anchor merely shrugs off what this legal advisor is saying irritates me, which, is unfortunate since I support the Israeli in this.
By Ela: posted on 4-1-2009

Firstly Hamas can't target anything with their rockets, they are like bottle rockets, you point them in the general direction set the angle, and light the fuse. So of course they point them in the direction of built up areas, civilian areas.

Secondly how pointless would it be having no warheads, they would just bounce off the concrete buildings in Israel, and you would see them lying intact in the streets. You don't. On the contrary every video shows holes from explosions, and burnt areas.

However there are times when you see homes with nice holes in them and seemingly not much of a blast area. So their payload might be quite small, or the missile fails to explode.

I am reminded of an old true story of the siege of Mafeking, there the incoming shells were so poor, that people used to stand in the streets and watch them fly over. A week of bombardment killed, from memory, a goat and a dog.
By netchicken: posted on 4-1-2009

Hamas legal advisor says Hamas rockets don\'t even have warheads | [Login ]