Stop those annoying Logon, Logoff, Startup and Shutdown Status messages

Home » Websites & software » Stop those annoying Logon, Logoff, Startup and Shutdown Status messages

Stop those annoying Logon, Logoff, Startup and Shutdown Status messages

When I close my computer down I just hit the usual Turnoff button and leave it to do its thing. This act of folly sometimes results in a message appearing after I have left the room with the line of "Blah is still running do you want to close it?" , or something along those lines.

I sometimes see these messages hours after thinking the stupid machine would turn itself off automatically. In the meantime its just hung there running as usual. So after a few of these I hover nervously around the computer waiting until I am sure it is going to shut down

So I found this little trick below where you can set it to automatically close those programs instead of giving that annoying message. Now when I turn off the computer the message flashes momentarily and then goes away. Setting it to 1 must mean 'yes'.

Windows XP/7 tip: If you like to turn off displaying of Logon, Logoff, Startup and Shutdown Status Messages in your Windows OS, just follow next steps:

* Start menu -> Run
* Type Regedit, press Enter
* Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\policies\system
* If it is not already there, create a DWORD value named DisableStatusMessages
* Give it a value of 1

From http://www.detector-pro.com...
By netchicken: posted on 4-1-2009

Stop those annoying Logon, Logoff, Startup and Shutdown Status messages | [Login ]