The Hotelicopter - a flying hotel and helicopter - is a hoax

Home » Amazing Pictures » The Hotelicopter - a flying hotel and helicopter - is a hoax
More Amazing Pictures

The Hotelicopter - a flying hotel and helicopter - is a hoax

The Hotelicopter is the world's first flying hotel made from a huge Soviet-made Mil V-12 helicopter. Why? (see MG's entry for the hoax)

Designed with the sophisticated, affluent traveler in mind, the Hotelicopter has 18 lavish rooms for people on the hunt for a truly unique inimitable travel experience. Each soundproofed room comes with a queen-sized bed, fine linens, a mini-bar, coffee machine, wireless internet access, flatscreen TVs and a range of amenities you’d look for in a flying five star hotel.

Other lavish features include private entertainment systems, showers, spa treatments, Jacuzzi, yoga classes, arcade gaming, a tea garden, Babysitting & Kids’ Kamp, blackjack/ping-pong table and playground for kids. The flying hotel will take its first flight this summer.

The Hotelicopter will be also be available for rent for special events and occasions.

More pictures of this lavish excess of materials on the link.
 http://www.impactlab.com/20...

hotelicopter.jpg - 28.39kb
By netchicken: posted on 30-3-2009

Hmmm.....for some reason it just doesn't look real. It looks like it's a CGI image or a photoshop image. Could it be a hoax?
By mg.mikael: posted on 5-4-2009

I wondered that as well, it looks like cgi, but there are other pics on the link as well. Maybe its just done taken with high dynamic range technique.
By netchicken: posted on 5-4-2009

I looked into this supposed "Hotelicopter" and I found it's a CGI image. Why? Because the Mil V-12 platform for the helicopter was a prototype and only two were made. Both of which are on public display's, one is in Mikhail Leontyevich Mil helicopter plant and the other one is at Monino Air Force Museum. Thus this Hotelicopter couldn't have been made from a Mil V-12. Thus it's all one big hoax.
By mg.mikael: posted on 6-4-2009

it isnt a hoax. it is a drawing that shows what the manufacturer wants his final design to be. doesnt mean that, that picture is off a real "hotelcopter" just what it would look like if it was made. thats all.
By tastycakes: posted on 15-4-2009

Sorry, tastycakes, but it's a hoax. The poorly informed websites claim it exists already, of course this can't possibly be true, for the reason I gave above.
By mg.mikael: posted on 17-4-2009

:sh ok well i saw it on a different website. "www.gizmag.com/worlds-first-flying-hotel-the-hotelicopter/11348/" is the exact website. it said that they want to "top this airborn opulence" of an airbuss a380 double deck airliner. even though it said it was a "computer generated image" doesnt mean it is a hoax. it is just concept art.
By tastycakes: posted on 18-4-2009

The Hotelicopter - a flying hotel and helicopter - is a hoax | [Login ]