Radio host didn\'t think waterboarding was torture - until he tried it - video

Home » World events & politics » Radio host didn't think waterboarding was torture - until he tried it - video

Radio host didn't think waterboarding was torture - until he tried it - video

Chicago radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller decided he'd get himself waterboarded to prove the technique wasn't torture.

It didn't turn out that way. "Mancow," in fact, lasted just six or seven seconds before crying foul. Apparently, the experience went pretty badly.
... Quote:
The average person can take this for 14 seconds, he's going to wiggle, he's going to scream, he's going to wish he never did this
Marine Sergeant Clay South told his audience before he was waterboarded on air.

Mancow was set on a 7-foot long table with his legs elevated and his feet tied.
... Quote:
I wanted to prove it wasn't torture. They cut off our heads, we put water on their face...I got voted to do this but I really thought 'I'm going to laugh this off.

It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that's no joke. It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back...It was instantaneous...and I don't want to say this: absolutely torture.

Absolutely. I mean that's drowning. It is the feeling of drowning. If I knew it was gonna be this bad, I would not have done it
Mancow said.

From http://rawstory.com/blog/20...

Waterboarding.jpg - 20.68kb
By netchicken: posted on 23-5-2009

Mancow said it was "torture," but I agree with what he said later....."yeah it's torture but the radical islamists are cuttin' off heads. So wouldn't you use torture to protect your family?" He said something along those lines and I gotta agree with him there.
By mg.mikael: posted on 26-5-2009

The point is, to me, that you don't have to stoop to their level to beat them.

Just because they kill doesn't allow our society to kill as well. Otherwise we might as well throw our widows on the funeral fires of their husbands, because some people might do it in India.
By netchicken: posted on 26-5-2009

Radio host didn\'t think waterboarding was torture - until he tried it - video | [Login ]