A USB powered portable microwave

Home » Current events and news » A USB powered portable microwave

A USB powered portable microwave

It is the world's smallest, portable microwave and can be powered via a link to the USB port on a laptop computer.

The turquoise device -called the Beanzawave - has been created in partnership with Heinz to allow workers tied to their desks to create a warm snack, or hot drink, to see them through the day.

Just how many ways of awesome is this? Imagine being able to cook food at your computer. This new USB powered microwave is still under development but is bound to be an instant hit. And the convenience of powering it from a laptop computer means you could tuck into a hot snack while flying on holiday or even on the train.

Apart from its size, the key breakthrough is the use of a combination of mobile phone radio frequencies to create the heat to cook both on the outside and within in under a minute.

Mr Andrews, the managing director of GAMA Microwave Technology, said it is possible to 'tune' the radio-frequencies to provide the best results with any small product.

'It is possible to heat a pie, a burger, a cup of soup or tea in quick time,' he said.

'There is the option of powering it with lithium ion batteries that would make it completely portable, which would be a help to fishermen, campers or sportsmen.'

Mr Andrews said he created the oven after being approached for help by Heinz, who wanted a portable microwave that would work with its Snap Pots.

More on the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...

usb-microwave.jpg - 19.19kb
By netchicken: posted on 9-6-2009

Good idea. But I dread to say it will make America even lazier, since now couch potatoes won't even have to get off the couch to heat up their Hot Pockets and/or tv dinners.
By mg.mikael: posted on 9-6-2009

... Quote:
Originally posted by mg.mikael
Good idea. But I dread to say it will make America even lazier, since now couch potatoes won't even have to get off the couch to heat up their Hot Pockets and/or tv dinners.

I resent this, being both American and skinny. I know, amazing right? Everyone is out to get America, but what everyone doesn't seem to get is that we're our own worst enemies. We got plenty of people over here who hate America and it's rules as well. Let me list them...

Liberals, led by Obama. Power worshipers without power, these lowlives seek to live off the work of others, or at least get a leg up so they don't have to work quite as hard. They dream night and day of seeing America fail, and are THE cause of the current global economic situation.

Banks, way back in the day (a few years ago) would NOT LOAN MONEY TO PEOPLE WHO COULDN'T PAY IT BACK. Liberals in the Government decided that was unfair, and effectively forced the banks to hand out these bad loans, and on top of that the banks could not demand a show of cash, the usual test in the industry to see whether a person was responsible enough to save up money. The banks retaliated in their own way by giving out these loans with many small catches in the contracts, and high interest rates. Many were tempted into these trap loans, but soon found out after missing a payment or two that the interest increased to points where they simply couldn't pay the monthly bills, and therefor both the banks and the clients were screwed. Many lives are still being ruined by these loans, and it was all done with the "best intentions" of liberals world wide.

Secondly is the outrageous spending of our government. They throw money at everything as if it weren't their own, when they should be as conservative, no pun intended, as possible with the money entrusted with them as if it WERE their own. This trillion dollar stimulus plan puts America into major dept, but that doesn't matter if your goal is to see America fail.

Then there are the illegal immigrants who have the balls to protest in our streets about our border laws, when in fact the country they originated from had laws that made hitler look like a sane, rational being. If you don't like our country, then go back where you came from.

In fact, just about everyone here who is 29 and under hates America, and goes through the rebelion/anti establishment/ down with the man faze at least once. Teens are a major contributor to crime, mostly cause they get caught and put away after a year or two of robing people, and it's "cool" to disrespect authority.

Only a few types of people Don't hate america:
Smart people/ people with good jobs
Old people, especial those who lived during WWII where we saved the world(and England)
People who work in the military, and believe in what the U.S.A. represents
Rednecks, who wouldn't be rednecks without five different american flags somewhere on
their trucks

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty". JFK Quote
By peregrine: posted on 16-6-2009

Well as many Americans, I don't hate America. I just HATE the government and it's corrupt law-makers.
By mg.mikael: posted on 17-6-2009

... Quote:
Originally posted by mg.mikael
Well as many Americans, I don't hate America. I just HATE the government and it's corrupt law-makers.

That would be America, my misinformed friend. Sadly, all the old patriotic dudes are being replaced by a younger generation of selfish potheads... Democracy isn't broken, America is just corrupt.

I seem to recall a similar instance when Jimmy Carter was president, and hopefully this too shall pass. America is subject to the seasons in the worst, and best, ways. Everyone has their own ideas on how to run the country, and some have proven more fruitful than others. History speaks for itself.
By peregrine: posted on 19-6-2009

Back on the topic, I would love one of those microwaves
By netchicken: posted on 20-6-2009

They would be good for dorm rooms.
By mg.mikael: posted on 21-6-2009

Me too, do they have a deep frier version, or perhaps a toaster oven? I've seen a usb powered coffee maker online before at Think Geek.

If you haven't heard of the website before now, it's a great place to shop for stuff like this and other odd junk. I think they specialize in usb powered devices.

http://www.thinkgeek.com
By peregrine: posted on 21-6-2009

Great site!
I like the little helicopters :)
By netchicken: posted on 21-6-2009

A USB powered portable microwave | [Login ]